Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summerslam 2008 Spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Fair point, only problem is his opponent is HHH, just like MegaCena, you know Hunter is going to take this one from the second his music hits.

Once again, WWE treating it's fans like amnesia patients.
    VR!

Why, what happened?! lol
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

If HBK/Y2J happens at Summerslam and i hope its a special type of match maybe Ironman, Falls Count Anywhere or Two out of three falls match

I love to see Jeff Hardy, MVP or Mr Kennedy face HHH at Summerslam instead of Khali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

JP Liz wrote: »
    If HBK/Y2J happens at Summerslam and i hope its a special type of match maybe Ironman, Falls Count Anywhere or Two out of three falls match

I love to see Jeff Hardy, MVP or Mr Kennedy face HHH at Summerslam instead of Khali

I'd like to see them in a ladder match, but neither is holding a title at the moment so it would be a bit pointless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I'd like to see them in a ladder match, but neither is holding a title at the moment so it would be a bit pointless.

Any stipulation match is pointless

Yes, but lots of feuds end in some kind of stipulation match and if they use one to end this feud, I'd like it to be a ladder match as both have put on good ladder matches during their careers.

Yes, but lots of feuds end in some kind of stipulation match and if they use one to end this feud, I'd like it to be a ladder match as both have put on good ladder matches during their careers.

With Lance Cade hanging from the ceiling?

They'll do a gimmick match at Unforgiven for the return match if they have one at the moment the match sells itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

rovert wrote: »
    With Lance Cade hanging from the ceiling?

Completely unrelated to the Summerslam topic but I learned today that one the great pioneers in education Joseph Lancaster used the "hanging cage from the ceiling" stipulation as a punishment for kids that continually misbehaved. It was the highlight of a very boring day for me.

Related to the topic, at least right now, I don't see Summerslam doing as well as the previous years have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Related to the topic, at least right now, I don't see Summerslam doing as well as the previous years have done.

It has to be better than last years!
    Or 2006 for that matter.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Surely Batista Cena will rescue it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Joseph Lancaster used the "hanging cage from the ceiling" stipulation as a punishment for kids that continually misbehaved.

Maybe they should try that with Orton next time he trashes a Hotel Room or acts the maggot with some of the Divas. Wonder what next Easter will hold for him? ;)

Given how poor the previous two years ones have been, this year's is pretty much a no miss prospect as far as i can see.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Surely Batista Cena will rescue it?

I'd say that they're keeping that for Wrestlemania. That's the biggest match that they can put on for that I think. It looks like the seeds are just being planted for it now. I hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'd say that they're keeping that for Wrestlemania. That's the biggest match that they can put on for that I think. It looks like the seeds are just being planted for it now. I hope

That's what I was thinking but I thought that the easiest way to do that by miles was have the two work together as faces to keep interest in them together and then have one (Batista) turn heel for a month or two before Mania. It just seemed like Cena attacked him too early for that match to stay away for too long

They're botching Batista in a bad way at the moment though. In my opinion, crowd don't give a f*ck about CP Munk. They don't hate him, but they don't exactly love him. The amount of times he's tried turning on him and the crowd are still cheering on Batista!

Batista blew his shot at the title now, put him against a babyface people care about to get him set heel... then he'll be ready for Cena.

VR!

If Cena & Batista were going to wrestle at Summerslam they would have announced it last week with all the other main matches. Too big of a match not to. It is more likely that will be in a multy man match with CM Punk etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

I agree. Punks not able to carry a main event on Raw let alone Summerslam. I always thought he was a weird choice as Raws new Champ. I mean the ratings were down in a big way before there going to be even lower now. oh bring back Goldberg!!!!

Luas Lane wrote: »
    I mean the ratings were down in a big way before there going to be even lower now

No they are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

Yes they are.

From what i remember, ratings were a lot worse on RAW during Goldbergs one year stay in WWE. Smackdown spent the guts of the year destroying RAW in the ratings in 2003.

VR!

Luas Lane wrote: »
    Yes they are.

They increased during Punk's reign.

• Advertisement

When? This weeks one? I thought they stayed the same during Punks reign, after dropping before the draft?

VR!

When? This weeks one? I thought they stayed the same during Punks reign, after dropping before the draft?

VR!

Ive a serious sense of deja vu about this topic.

Ive a serious sense of deja vu about this topic.

I don't care! Just answer the question dude :)
    VR!

I don't care! Just answer the question dude :)
    VR!

You are right and so am I. Punk's reign is doing better ratings than HHH's reign.

You are right and so am I. Punk's reign is doing better ratings than HHH's reign.

HHH's reign in 2003? Well, that was a god awful year for HHH, even I was at my HHHating highest then as i was so sick of his overexposure at the time. Even when he was injured with the groin strain (hah!), he still appeared on RAW on a pre taped segment with the bounty for Goldbergs head.

Piss poor run.
    VR!

HHH's reign in 2003? Well, that was a god awful year for HHH, even I was at my HHHating highest then as i was so sick of his overexposure at the time. Even when he was injured with the groin strain (hah!), he still appeared on RAW on a pre taped segment with the bounty for Goldbergs head.

Piss poor run.
    VR!

HHH's reign this year

HHH's reign this year

Ah alright, cheers.
    VR!

Piss poor run.
    VR!

Take a chill pill dude.

Take a chill pill dude.

Now why in gods name, would i require one of those? :)
    VR!

Could maybe an Elimination Chamber match happen at Summerslam for the WHC title with CM Punk, Batista, JBL, Kane, John Cena and maybe even Mysterio ( i cant see what else for him) even though there is HIAC with Taker/Edge on the cards already??????????

I think if Cena and Batista will happen as a single's match will depend on next week's RAW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Could maybe an Elimination Chamber match happen at Summerslam for the WHC title with CM Punk, Batista, JBL, Kane, John Cena and maybe even Mysterio ( i cant see what else for him) even though there is HIAC with Taker/Edge on the cards already??????????

There's no way they could hang both structures over the ring, unless the use two rings (which they won't). We should know the RAW title match come Monday (well, it'll be tuesday here).

Dave Meltzer on today's audio said that the CURRENT plan is Punk, JBL, Batista & Cena in a Four Way.

Jericho & HBK is in doubt for Summerslam as both want to hold the match off until Unforgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Wheres Kane gone?

Wheres Kane gone?

Gotten is his P45 hopefully*

*Credit: VR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Unfortunately thats not going to happen any time soon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dave Meltzer on today's audio said that the CURRENT plan is Punk, JBL, Batista & Cena in a Four Way.
    i was thinking that myself over the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Dave Meltzer on today's audio said that the CURRENT plan is Punk, JBL, Batista & Cena in a Four Way..

that match does not interest me in the slightest, what are they gonna have, MEGAcena with a three man on his sholders FU for the win?! or make someone internally bleed when he breaths on them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

that match does not interest me in the slightest, what are they gonna have, MEGAcena with a three man on his sholders FU for the win?! or make someone internally bleed when he breaths on them? :rolleyes:

You realise Cena jobbed on two recent PPVs right?

You realise Cena jobbed on two recent PPVs right?

ye he is due a big win! (and lets be honest it was about time he finally jobbed to JBL)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ye he is due a big win! (and lets be honest it was about time he finally jobbed to JBL)

I disagree. I see Cena as the future and JBL as the past.

I disagree. I see Cena as the future and JBL as the past.

cena as the future!? ill put this in a way the cen-ites will understand:

what once was a blast
    has gotten old fast
    he's livin in the past
    and his wrestlins half assed

now he is aghast
    that his popularity has been surpassed
    and he has been outclassed
    they need to change his gimmick at long last!

Jericho & HBK is in doubt for Summerslam as both want to hold the match off until Unforgiven.

No Kane???????

No Kane???????

Well Kane has shown no signs of wanting the title. He's just beating people up.

They'll develop this Kane thing further between now and then and probably have some payoff at Summerslam.

My completely impulse thought right now is that Kane will cause Punk to lose the title to Batista

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The same Cena who jobbed 4 out of the last 6 ppvs? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My completely impulse thought right now is that Kane will cause Punk to lose the title to Batista

i would rather see him maybe cost Batista Cena or JBL so then Kane can have his title match next against CM Punk

Hell in a Cell Match
    Edge vs. Undertaker

WWE Championship Match
    Triple H (C) vs. The Great Khali

John Cena vs. Batista

ECW Championship Match
    Mark Henry (C) vs. Matt Hardy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Not great looking, in my opinion.
    The ECW match is uninteresting to me. Kinda interested in the Edge one though. Have no idea why. Maybe I just don't rate the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

where can one find this audio of which you speak?

where can one find this audio of which you speak?

Is this a joke? After me talk about it (and get crap for it) last week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement