Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summerslam 2008 Spoilers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Not everybody gave you crap for it and in fairness, he might'nt know about it. Any chance you can link the free one when it comes out btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Not great looking, in my opinion.
    The ECW match is uninteresting to me. Kinda interested in the Edge one though. Have no idea why. Maybe I just don't rate the others.

I agree Hell in a Cell Match with Edge vs. Undertaker is only match worth watching from present card

If HBK V Y2J doesnt happen at Summerslam i think it might be JBL/CM Punk/Kane/Y2J fatal four way for WHC title with maybe HBK interfering costing Y2J title and match then continuing their feud

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Not everybody gave you crap for it and in fairness, he might'nt know about it. Any chance you can link the free one when it comes out btw?

http://www.f4wonline.com
    FREE TODAY: July 28 Wrestling Observer Radio~!
    It's the bi-weekly FREE edition of Wrestling Observer Radio with myself and Dave Meltzer! We'll talk all the news in wrestling including Raw with a shocking new GM, a former Hollywood star writing for WWE, what we may see at SummerSlam, and tons more! If you love this show, it's one of over a dozen new programs produced weekly for members, in addition to full radio archives and both the Figure Four Weekly and the Wrestling Observer Newsletters. Sign up today, and feel free to post this link or file elsewhere and help spread the word about wrestlingobserver.com!

http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/072808wo.mp3
    JP Liz wrote: »
    If HBK V Y2J doesnt happen at Summerslam i think it might be JBL/CM Punk/Kane/Y2J fatal four way for WHC title with maybe HBK interfering costing Y2J title and match then continuing their feud

Dave Meltzer shares the same the opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mousey007

I would love Y2J to win the title

mousey007 wrote: »
    I would love Y2J to win the title

He aint an established top tier main eventer. It is a position he has never managed to snag for a lot of reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

rovert wrote: »
    He aint an established top tier main eventer. It is a position he has never managed to snag for a lot of reasons.

Neither is CM Punk, but he has the title.

Plus, Jericho has held the world title before so it wouldn't be a total shock.

Neither is CM Punk, but he has the title.

Plus, Jericho has held the world title before so it wouldn't be a total shock.

The Jericho & Punk title reigns are somewhat similar. Jericho's reign was a flop. But your cant really pass judgement on Punks reign until it is finished.

Jericho is a damn good semi main event wrestler nothing much more, Jericho himself would tell you that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Jericho & Punk title reigns are somewhat similar. Jericho's reign was a flop. But your cant really pass judgement on Punks reign until it is finished.

Jericho is a damn good semi main event wrestler nothing much more, Jericho himself would tell you that.

I'm not arguing the merits of either of their reigns or position, just saying another Jericho title run wouldn't be that surprising.

I would think Y2J would be a better main eventer than JBL, Batista and Kane. He can actually put on a good match.

I agree i'd love to see him as champ again and now as he is heel his promos would be gold.

He is only thing keeping RAW interesting at the moment.

A CM Punk / Y2J feud would be a good

I would think Y2J would be a better main eventer than JBL, Batista and Kane. He can actually put on a good match.

Oh I agree but he isnt a person to headline Wrestlemanias or carry a brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Oh I agree but he isnt a person to headline Wrestlemanias or carry a brand.

he was the first undisputed champion, and i actually thaught he did well in that reign, coz he was a heel then too!

he was the first undisputed champion, and i actually thaught he did well in that reign, coz he was a heel then too!

Great point well made :rolleyes:

Honky Tonk Man was more credibly booked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Great point well made :rolleyes:

Honky Tonk Man was more credibly booked

HONKY IS A FANTASTIC HUMAN BEING !! DON'T YOU DARE BEFOUL HIS NAME ROVERT :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

HONKY IS A FANTASTIC HUMAN BEING !! DON'T YOU DARE BEFOUL HIS NAME ROVERT :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What that bird armed alcoholic? Not my words, no the words of MATTHEW RANDAZZO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Well that's not a very credible source is it, why waste out time with uncredible sources. If its not Meltzer its not true.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Well that's not a very credible source is it, why waste out time with uncredible sources. If its not Meltzer its not true.

Not strictly true (he does post corrections if he is), you dont seem to know much about Randazzo if that is your view.

Anyway youve seemed to misunderstand the intentions my post and possibly John's which resulted in your funny response missing the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I personally thought Jericho did a fantastic job during his Undisputed title reign, in spite of some really lousy booking (some, not in all cases). He was really derailed with his feud against HHH, and in general by becoming a background character even before No way out 2001 took place. Even before this, he wasn't permitted to pick up clean wins over other heels, whom he surely stood above in the pecking order at the time.

I would agree that at this point, he wouldn't be a good choice to headline wrestlemania- he's better suited to carrying a deep, personal grudge of a feud through to the big show. But i would definitely put my vote in for a a few main events in the coming months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I personally thought Jericho did a fantastic job during his Undisputed title reign, in spite of some really lousy booking (some, not in all cases). He was really derailed with his feud against HHH, and in general by becoming a background character even before No way out 2001 took place. Even before this, he wasn't permitted to pick up clean wins over other heels, whom he surely stood above in the pecking order at the time.

I'm assuming you mean No Way Out 2002? Jericho was in the IC title picture by the time NWO 2001 rolled around, he'd only faced Benoit in the ladder match the PPV beforehand.

I will agree about the clean win part, especially in 2002, where Rock was pretty much the only one who gave him a clean win.

However the Jericho of 2001-2002 stood a better chance of being a credible champion, than the Jericho of today. He's lost too much momentum and the crowd just don't care about him as much as they did then.

VR!

I'm assuming you mean No Way Out 2002? Jericho was in the IC title picture by the time NWO 2001 rolled around, he'd only faced Benoit in the ladder match the PPV beforehand.

I will agree about the clean win part, especially in 2002, where Rock was pretty much the only one who gave him a clean win.

However the Jericho of 2001-2002 stood a better chance of being a credible champion, than the Jericho of today. He's lost too much momentum and the crowd just don't care about him as much as they did then.

VR!

Yeah, 2002. Oops.
    Aye- he was really weak, to the point where the thought of him beating Superhunter was laughable.
    I think the Jericho of today is constantly regaining that momentum though. Going over HBK would work wonders for the guy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Yeah, 2002. Oops.
    Aye- he was really weak, to the point where the thought of him beating Superhunter was laughable.

To be fair, HHH made such a huge comeback in January, that it would have been totally insane to put ANYONE over him at that Mania, be that Rock, Austin, Hogan, anyone!

VR!

Oh yeah I totally agree. I wasn't one of the crowd who thought hhh should't have won the match. But i do think they did a lousy job of creating any doubt for the average fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

so far cena batista seems the most interesting to me as i find it hard to say who'll win the others are very obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

ec18 wrote: »
    so far cena batista seems the most interesting to me as i find it hard to say who'll win the others are very obvious.

I still don't expect to see Cena vs Batista. Adamle will say on Raw that he forgot to finish his sentence, it's Cena vs Batista vs JBL vs Punk. Something like that has to happen to get Adamle over as the incompetent GM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Fozzy wrote: »
    I still don't expect to see Cena vs Batista. Adamle will say on Raw that he forgot to finish his sentence, it's Cena vs Batista vs JBL vs Punk. Something like that has to happen to get Adamle over as the incompetent GM

Maybe but atm thats the only where i don't think i could pick the winner

Yeah Adamle's announcement was botched in real life (it got no reaction:eek:) why not turn it into a storyline? If that wasnt the intention in the first place of course.

• Advertisement

Plans For This Year’s WWE SummerSlam Changing Daily

07/29/2008 by Andy Stevenspacer.gif
    According to the Wrestling Observer, plans for this year’s WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view are appearing to be changing on a near day to day basis. Shawn Michaels was removed off all house shows last week so WWE could sell his injury and so they could hold off his match with Chris Jericho until after SummerSlam. Chris Jericho was also scheduled for several Highlight Reel segments on several house shows, however Jericho announced that this week’s Raw Highlight Reel was the last. Shawn Michaels was then announced to be appearing on next week’s Raw, so it looks like that their SummerSlam match will be back on.

In regard to the Raw main event, the Wrestling Observer is reporting that the main event could possibly be a four or five way match featuring CM Punk, John Cena, Batista, Kane and JBL. It doesn’t make sense to be giving a John Cena vs. Batista match with only two week’s of Raw to promote the match.

Plans For This Year’s WWE SummerSlam Changing Daily

07/29/2008 by Andy Stevenspacer.gif
    According to the Wrestling Observer, plans for this year’s WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view are appearing to be changing on a near day to day basis. Shawn Michaels was removed off all house shows last week so WWE could sell his injury and so they could hold off his match with Chris Jericho until after SummerSlam. Chris Jericho was also scheduled for several Highlight Reel segments on several house shows, however Jericho announced that this week’s Raw Highlight Reel was the last. Shawn Michaels was then announced to be appearing on next week’s Raw, so it looks like that their SummerSlam match will be back on.

In regard to the Raw main event, the Wrestling Observer is reporting that the main event could possibly be a four or five way match featuring CM Punk, John Cena, Batista, Kane and JBL. It doesn’t make sense to be giving a John Cena vs. Batista match with only two week’s of Raw to promote the match.

Does there need to be a news article written about this? JUST WATCH THE TV SHOW :pac:

Does there need to be a news article written about this? JUST WATCH THE TV SHOW :pac:

Yeah, when Meltzer was talking about all that stuff he was just listing the obvious possibilities. It wasn't like he was adding any huge insider info there!

Jason Powell talked about that the current direction has Randy Orton coming back at this event (leading up to) reforming a version of an Evolution type faction.

Jason Powell talked about that the current direction has Randy Orton coming back at this event (leading up to) reforming a version of an Evolution type faction.

I completely forgot about that guy

To answer your question in that other thread, I say Batista's the first to turn heel then

• Advertisement

I completely forgot about that guy

To answer your question in that other thread, I say Batista's the first to turn heel then

Powell does have a number of sources on the writing team.

The Raw before Orton’s injury hinted to a direction of long term angle involving Orton, Batista and HHH.

During the draft RAW show Orton said he would back sooner that later. Cena set a ridiculous bar for everyone retuning from injury.

T-Shirts for the event have been printed featuring Edge vs. Taker, Batista vs Cena, JBL Vs Punk but HBK vs Y2J isnt on it.

T-Shirts for the event have been printed featuring Edge vs. Taker, Batista vs Cena, JBL Vs Punk but HBK vs Y2J isnt on it.

Whats Kane, Y2J and Mysterio going to do????????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

well early prediction time for me

So Orton to return interupting the Cena v Batista match at SS helping Batista win. No clean finish, a WM rematch down the line with a proper build and for the title (Batista will have it, Cena will win it back). Meanwhile right now having Cena v Batista on the card should help buy rates although with HIAC on the card itl do fine anyway.

CM Punk to retain.

HBK vs Jericho to be one of the main selling points for the next PPV (is it Unforgiven)

Mickie/Kofi vs Beth/Santino could really go either way but ill guess the champs to retain after something goes comically wrong for Santino.

HIAC- ive no idea to be honest, Edge probably should winbut I dont expect Taker to lose on his return... this is acyually harder to call than usual but id guess Taker to win but wouldent be shocked to see some sort of screw job, maybe Foley somehow getting involed.

HHH vs Khali... HHH wins clean (Yawn). Would be the biggest shock ever if Khali went over the game, please please let a feud not develop between these two

im sure ive probably missed a match is the Divas title on the line or the SD tag titles, though i couldent really care about either of em tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I want to see the IC and Womens titles on WWEs golden couple Santino and Beth so so bad.

I thought Lance Cade would push for the IC title after Jericho lost it to Kofi.

I hope Santino and Beth win but i dont think they will

I thought Lance Cade would push for the IC title after Jericho lost it to Kofi.

I hope Santino and Beth win but i dont think they will

Think about all of what you wrote, it is fairly transparent that Santino and Beth are taking the titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Are both Kofi and Mickies titles on the line :eek:..??..Good idea never saw it done before with a womens and mens title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I really wanted Katie Lea and Paul to win the titles last night, I'll be sickened if they are not added to the match at SummerSlam. Although, tbh, I just wanna see the Women's title around Katie's waist!

Minto wrote: »
    I really wanted Katie Lea and Paul to win the titles last night, I'll be sickened if they are not added to the match at SummerSlam. Although, tbh, I just wanna see the Women's title around Katie's waist!

You'll be even more sickened when they get shown the door.

• Advertisement

"Hell In A Cell" Match
    - Undertaker vs. Edge

First Time Ever Match
    - Batista vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    - CM Punk (c) vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

WWE Championship Match
    - Triple H (c) vs. The Great Khali

ECW Championship Match
    - Mark Henry (c) vs. Matt Hardy

Winners Take All Tag Team Match
    - Kofi Kingston (c) & Mickie James (c) vs. Beth Phoenix & Santino Marella

Jeff Hardy vs MVP

- Shawn Michaels' announcement of his future.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jeff Hardy vs MVP has been added also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Thanks for that JP Liz.
    Where's Kane coming into the mix, though? Surely he has to pop up somewhere with the 'alive-dead/bag' build up. It seems kinda pointless otherwise!

What's in the bag anyway? Hardly th'auld mask, is it? :rolleyes:
    I'd like to see a hand grenade. That'd shake things up fairly lively!

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    What's in the bag anyway? Hardly th'auld mask, is it? :rolleyes:
    I'd like to see a hand grenade. That'd shake things up fairly lively!

Adamle's going to make him reveal it on Raw

Cheers.
    Musta missed that. Didn't pay an awful lot of attention this week. Just seeing it on wwe.com now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Summerslam tonight, heres the card:
    Edge vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match) Preview
    WWE Champion Triple H vs. The Great Khali Preview
    World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk vs. JBL Preview
    ECW Champion Mark Henry vs. Matt Hardy Preview
    John Cena vs. Batista Preview
    Montel Vontavious Porter vs. Jeff Hardy Preview
    Winners Take All Tag Team Match Preview
    Shawn Michaels announcement

Also, after being on wwe.com to try and decide weather or not i believe the jeff hardy broken kneck story, i came across the "summerslam minisite".

And to be honest, its a waste of time, its like the 3 minute preview videos on box office that just go on and on and on and on!

But one interesting thing which i know has absolutey nothing to do with summerslam, is the way they have the match previews as rivas standing together, as usual. But i only noticed now that with the exception of taker, everyone does that turning around thing, what is that?

Anyways, check it out here: http://ss08.wwe.com/

The turney-round thing is weird! Must be just to show of the back-muscles. Other than that, it looks like they all had a evil-idea like they do in bad american soaps.

Predictions? I call

-Taker (?interference from la familia?)
    -HHH (Gets the pedigree, as was built up that he couldn't)
    -Punk
    -M.Henry
    -Batista
    -MVP (if it is to go ahead, looks like it will)
    -Marella & Phoenix

The Batista/Cena match is the only one I'm not sure on. The rest seem easy enough to read.

Not really to bothered about staying up for this though, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Alrighty, I have NTL/UPC whatever you call it, & I rang a minute a go & the machine told me sales were closed. This is the first time ordering PPV in my house. Do I ask for account services? Any help appropriated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Do I ask for account services? Any help appropriated.

Just try and find any human being with any link to NTL whatsoever. Go through all the options they give you on the phone.

Advertisement