Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouch!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

priceless would be my words!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Funny alright, like when Ms America tripped over 2 weeks back except that was in front of a billion people...

I reckon she pulled the horse over on her - given that she didn't let go and the horse came down on her, had the horse spooked, she would have been thrown clear.

Not nice though, I was crushed by a horse in the bottom of a drain once - not a fun time.

Whyner, how go the lessons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Poor horse though, hope he's none the worst either, that was quite a tumble he took!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

It actually doesnt look like he really fell on her to my eyes anyway.

Im surprised the army let her up on the horse dressed like that in the first place.

• Advertisement

Kinda looks like his rear end fell over onto her as he tried to get up, defo looks like she must have held onto him, esp by the way he was throwing his head up in the air. Poor horse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

MDFM wrote: »
    Kinda looks like his rear end fell over onto her as he tried to get up, defo looks like she must have held onto him, esp by the way he was throwing his head up in the air. Poor horse!

She definitely held on to him - you can see it very clearly here:

horse2_1_193137t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

No sympathy for her. This happens when you take chances.

oh she prob thought she knew better anyway, didnt she say she'd last sat on a horse a year ago? obviously she thought that'd be enough experience for her, plus the fact that her brother is a showjumper. it'll probably be the last time she'll be in the saddle for a while.:o

Anyone that can pull an experienced horse like that is not a very capable rider. I'm glad she wasn't hurt but i really couldn't give a toss about her modelling career or who her brother is.

There are many people killed of horses every year who don't recieve anyway as much attention as this model did.

• Advertisement

togster wrote: »
    Anyone that can pull an experienced horse like that is not a very capable rider. I'm glad she wasn't hurt but i really couldn't give a toss about her modelling career or who her brother is.

There are many people killed of horses every year who don't recieve anyway as much attention as this model did.

Got your gender-identity crises under control then togster?? ;)

I agree with you - she had no business being on that horse with no hat / boots etc.

I agree with you - she had no business being on that horse with no hat / boots etc.

In fairness though, we've all done it I'd say. I used to ride my mare occasionally through a village in a halter, no hat, no saddle, no nuthin. Wouldnt let someone else up on my horse like that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭granturismo

1 - Looks like she's ok.

2 - P*sses me off seeing anyone on a horse without a helmet. She was on a horse which isnt a plodding school horse and whoever was in charge should never have let her up (demotion for someone?). I imagine the horse wasnt used to a rider in side saddle position either.

fits wrote: »
    In fairness though, we've all done it I'd say. I used to ride my mare occasionally through a village in a halter, no hat, no saddle, no nuthin. Wouldnt let someone else up on my horse like that though.

Nope, I refuse to mount any horse without a hat, but I have seen the consequences of not wearing a hat first hand.

I agree with you - she had no business being on that horse with no hat / boots etc.[/quote]

wouldnt have stopped the accident from happening though.

MDFM wrote: »

I agree with you - she had no business being on that horse with no hat / boots etc.[/quote]

wouldnt have stopped the accident from happening though.

I don't think you got the point there..

Who care's anyway, sure she's alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Not a nice thing to happen but don't think there would have been any fuss if it was just a normal person. you can see clearly on the picture how much she was yanking the reins, the bit is even pulled out of his mouth a small way.

Nope, I refuse to mount any horse without a hat, but I have seen the consequences of not wearing a hat first hand.

Never ever?

I'm talking about 15 years ago, I used to do this btw. I wouldnt do it now when I have a hat available to me.

But I have ridden horses in other countries hatless. As recently as two months ago. And will again probably.

fits wrote: »
    But I have ridden horses in other countries hatless. As recently as two months ago. And will again probably.

That's asking for trouble. Friend of mine died because he didn't wear a hat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 elaine13

it just seem like- hey lets do a quick photo shoot, up you go and smile! she probably just panicked a bit and pulled his mouth, sensitive horse like thats obviously gonna react and then it all went a bit bellys- up! (excuse the pun)
    all the attention is a bit mad though!

kerrysgold wrote: »
    Not a nice thing to happen but don't think there would have been any fuss if it was just a normal person. you can see clearly on the picture how much she was yanking the reins, the bit is even pulled out of his mouth a small way.

The only reason there is a fuss is cos it was the media launch/PR for the Dublin horse show and the camera's were there to capture it happening. but other than that, if it happened to joe soap it wouldnt be published, then again, joe soap wouldnt be involved in the PR for the RDS.

I had to watch my sister in a coma for two weeks as she thought that you didn't need to wear a hat if doing basic flat work.

No way I will ever mount a horse with no hat on.

togster wrote: »
    That's asking for trouble. Friend of mine died because he didn't wear a hat.

A friend of mine died off a bicycle cos he didnt wear a hat.

Sometimes when you are in a foreign country (such as Peru), the precautions you normally take for your own safety can be unavailable to you.

You can choose to take the risk or not to.

I would never ride a horse in Ireland without a hat.

Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

not nice to have a fall like that but in fairness what kinda muppet gets up without a hat and no shoes at all and rides sidesaddle on a horse shed never ridden before. she totally deserves what she got. I bet Cian is well embarressed (once he found out she was ok and all)!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Definitely looks like she pulled the horse back on top of her. In fairness, she had no business getting up on a horse without a hat and in those kind of shoes. Seriously! She's lucky she was only concussed.

I wonder why the Army Equitation School allowed a civilian get up on their horse. I know in the past that wouldn't have happened. Mightn't happen again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

convert wrote: »

I wonder why the Army Equitation School allowed a civilian get up on their horse. I know in the past that wouldn't have happened. Mightn't happen again!

I can count about 8 people i know who have ridden army horses in the past few years.....

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Why would anyone hold onto the reins if they're coming off a horse? it really doesn't make sense to me...

Also, in the first place she should never have been let on a horse without proper clothes and gear - especially not a horse like that. It isn't responsible and whoever suggested it or let her on the horse should be questioned seriously about the incident.

• Advertisement

mariebeth wrote: »
    Why would anyone hold onto the reins if they're coming off a horse? it really doesn't make sense to me...

Also, in the first place she should never have been let on a horse without proper clothes and gear - especially not a horse like that. It isn't responsible and whoever suggested it or let her on the horse should be questioned seriously about the incident.

It will when you get a bit better - if I ever have a soft fall (or am on my own) I will always try and hold the reins as then your horse won't take off and make you chase him around the field. However, if you are only starting off then you den't need to worry about this.

Advertisement