Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouch!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

It will when you get a bit better - if I ever have a soft fall (or am on my own) I will always try and hold the reins as then your horse won't take off and make you chase him around the field. However, if you are only starting off then you den't need to worry about this.

Sorry Zaraba, but rule number one when falling off is to let go, that should go for any fall, unless you are landing on your feet. Ask any jockey, preofessional rider, stunt rider, and they will tell you do not hold on to the reins, opens yourself up to more injurys, leaves vital organs exposed to kicks, and like in pippas(doppy cow) case will pull the horse towrads you.

skink wrote: »
    Sorry Zaraba, but rule number one when falling off is to let go, that should go for any fall, unless you are landing on your feet. Ask any jockey, preofessional rider, stunt rider, and they will tell you do not hold on to the reins, opens yourself up to more injurys, leaves vital organs exposed to kicks, and like in pippas(doppy cow) case will pull the horse towrads you.

Note the term - 'soft fall'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

convert wrote: »
    I wonder why the Army Equitation School allowed a civilian get up on their horse. I know in the past that wouldn't have happened. Mightn't happen again!

They've been letting civillians ride them for years, I used to compete at university intervarsities and they loaned us the army school of equitation horses for the final then, that was nearly ten years ago.

She shouldn't have been let up without a hat or proper safety gear. she probably slipped when the horse took a step and yanked on the reins causing him to prop then rear and lose balance, i'd say by the looks of it she nearly tore the mouth out of the horse from those pics. then she didn't lean forward so the horse lost balance and she pulled him down on top of her. she was lucky!!!

Advertisement