Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

KPMG seeks new Audi "full service" dealer for Cork City

Options
  • 23-07-2008 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

After the much discussed (here and elsewhere) TXM travails; there is an advert on page 3 of today's Irish Times motoring section seeking interested parties.

Can't imagine there'll be many people looking for the dealership unless O'Leary's abandon their shed in Lissarda or Keary's decide another premium brand could be worthwhile.

Discuss!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

They are also looking for a new VW & VW commercial dealership in Cork. The adds were on todays Independent also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

thought turners cross does all the audi or is it just vw?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Also in the Examiner. I reckon it will go to Kevin O'Learys in Tivoli, or at least they will chase it anyway.
    Another potential is the planned new Keary's Motorplaza in Little Island.

Either way it has to be an improvement on the service that was offered in the past
    TheDriver wrote: »
    thought turners cross does all the audi or is it just vw?

They just lost the dealership for both Audi & VW. Hence the tender for a new Audi/VW dealer. Interestingly they advertised them separately in the Examiner, is it possible they could split them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Also in the Examiner. I reckon it will go to Kevin O'Learys in Tivoli, or at least they will chase it anyway.

Either way it has to be an improvement on the service that was offered in the past

They just lost the dealership for both Audi & VW. Hence the tender for a new Audi/VW dealer. Interestingly they advertised them separately in the Examiner, is it possible they could split them?

Ya I think VAG want to keep all the brands seperate (well in seperate showrooms anyway).It's the same in the UK at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I heard that they were simply shutting down Vw, audi AND mazda btw.They are holding on to merc, though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Moanin wrote: »
    Ya I think VAG want to keep all the brands seperate (well in seperate showrooms anyway).It's the same in the UK at the moment

Yep - the plan is for brand seperation. Seperate showrooms and if possible seperate service facilities must be built. Have heard of quite a few interested parties inside and outside Cork for the Audi franchise. Without naming them have heard of two Cork dealer groups, one Kildare group and one Dublin group showing interest in building it.

Also another rumour ive heard is a large west coast dealer dropping M-B :eek:

Anyone else heard anything?

My money is on Audi finding a home in Tivoli, Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I wouldn't be surprised if KO'L at least bid for the franchise.

What a waste of them building that big extension a few years ago though for BMW, only to now lose the BMW franchise. If they get VW/Audi they'll have to build a new building should they choose to use the Tivoli site.

I for one think it's disappointing that we're back to just one BMW dealer in Cork. Even when Little Island is done it'll still be the same people just in a different place.

E92 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if KO'L at least bid for the franchise.
    Heard that they may only go for the Audi side.
    I for one think it's disappointing that we're back to just one BMW dealer in Cork.
    The parts dept in KO'L has been very good since the arrival of Kearys. I've been shocked I don't know how many times with the type of things they have in stock. Also they have been good for me over the years for getting stuff in within 2-3 working days, no matter how obscure my request. I'll miss that. Also with having a history of selling the e36 & e39 (my current buses) they are more clued into them in parts dept.

Hopefully some of that will be transferred to Kearys & that Kearys realise it's importance.

The parts dept in KO'L has been very good since the arrival of Kearys.
    Exactly. When they were the only show in town, they didn't have to be any good(not saying that they were, or were not) because the nearest dealer was over 50 miles away, however on a quiet day you could reach the nearest BMW dealer in 15-20 mins nowadays.

This is why competition is so good; if forces businesses to be more efficient and it makes the consumer get better service and value.

I fear that Kearys won't be as good as they are at present because they'll now be the only show in town, even when Little Island is done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

any sign of a new vw audi for cork city?not having one in the city for the start of the new year cant be good for business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Well there's always O'Leary's one in Melbourne...its a shed and the stock isn't fantastic...I wonder if there'll be a lot of serious bidders though with the way things are going

i thought that was used only and they dont have audi anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

KOLs have apparently secured Audi for Douglas now. So say the rumours anyway.

ned78 wrote: »
    KOLs have apparently secured Audi for Douglas now. So say the rumours anyway.

That would mean that if these rumours are true that they will be either be giving up on Nissan and Seat or moving these to another location.

Btw, congrats on the modship!

who ever is getting it,it seems to be a very slow process

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

That would mean that if these rumours are true that they will be either be giving up on Nissan and Seat or moving these to another location.

;)
    Btw, congrats on the modship!

Thanks buddy :)

Advertisement