Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screw on singlespeed freewheel

Options
  • 23-07-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Yo,
    So I bought one of these
    7805.jpg

I took off the old cassette and screwed this on. Then I realised that I didn't know how to screw it off. Luckily I didn't screw it on tight so I was able to get it off. Otherwise how do I unscrew it? I assume I need some specific tool. There doesn't appear to be a socket that a standard cassette tool would fit into.

Also, it does not line up exactly with the chainring if screwed on fully. Can I buy spacers for this to move it out, just a wee bit, to line up with the chainring ? Will spacers from a freehub cassette work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

i think it's those two little notches on the inside- you can tap them with a cold-chisel it'll break it free and you should be able to screw it off... There might be a proper tool of course but a cold chisel is handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Maybe use an old chain and a vice grips. Wouldn't work with a free-wheel, but should work with a fixed. Just wrap the chain around it and then close the chain whith vice-grips.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

it's a freewheel..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

kenmc wrote: »
    it's a freewheel..

Sorry, being seeing fixie everywhere I look and misread.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Advertisement