Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a kitten

Options
  • 23-07-2008 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

hi guys ,

have anyone of ye got a kitten or young cat that needs a nice loving home , got to be a short hair cat and be tame...as s/he will be inside mostly with my 2 daughters.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Vodka&coke

I read in the limerick post that there is a santurary for Cat's in Kilfinane 063 91110, They would probably have kittens there in need of a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

thanks vodka and coke....i got one yesterday ! :)

i did ring the sanctuary last week and was going to get a grown up cat and maybe a kitten too...but they charge 40euro minimum for a kitten and minimum 70 for a cat...[cat is spayed.kitten vaccined]
    but still these are things i will do myself and i really couldn't afford to spend 40 on buying a kitten..then have to buy him a bed, food, worm dose and all the other bits..bit strapped for money at the mo :mad:

i got a fab tabby free and have wormed him, and put a flea treatment on him,he will be booked in to be spayed in a few weeks when he is older..so all is good . thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Diydantheman

hi, i have 4 young kittens and im in the limerick area, if you want one let me know, danny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 burnrubber

hey

i heard there is a cat santuary in kilfinan , im hoping to check it out myself soon
    try animal welfare as im sure the best pet would be a rescued one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 burnrubber

also you should bring your girls along if there is
    would be nice experiance

also petmania have open adoption days you could check instore when the next one is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

thanks guys i got a nice kitten a couple of weeks ago....cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

cmurph wrote: »
    thanks vodka and coke....i got one yesterday ! :)

i did ring the sanctuary last week and was going to get a grown up cat and maybe a kitten too...but they charge 40euro minimum for a kitten and minimum 70 for a cat...[cat is spayed.kitten vaccined]
    but still these are things i will do myself and i really couldn't afford to spend 40 on buying a kitten..then have to buy him a bed, food, worm dose and all the other bits..bit strapped for money at the mo :mad:

i got a fab tabby free and have wormed him, and put a flea treatment on him,he will be booked in to be spayed in a few weeks when he is older..so all is good . thanks

Hope you'll have him vaccinated too... that's more important than worming and flea-treatment, IMO! Kittens should have the first vax at 9 weeks and the second vax at 12 weeks.

It's Limerick Animal Welfare that have the sanctuary in Kilfinane. They care for dogs, pups, cats, kittens, hamsters, rabbits, pigs and goats there. They do ask for a minimum donation of €35 when adopting a kitten, but each kitten comes health-checked, wormed, de-flead and vaccinated. €35 only goes someway towards those costs. For a neutered kitten, LAW ask for a donation of €70. That's only an additional €35, when it would cost at least twice that for the operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

hi, i have 4 young kittens and im in the limerick area, if you want one let me know, danny.

Hey how's things?? What type of kittens do you have and how old are they?? We have moved to the country and have a cat but would like a new kitten! PM me if you like

Advertisement