Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lists of extras on carzone

Options
  • 23-07-2008 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

This isn’t really a big deal but does anyone else find the lists of extras on carzone ads annoying? i.e. the ones that repeat the same extra numerous times.

e.g.

Drivers airbag, passenger airbag, multiple airbags
    - yes if it has more than one airbag we can safely assume it has multiple airbags

Central locking, remote central locking
    - again if it has remote central locking then why do we also need to be told it has regular central locking

Alloy wheels, 16” light alloy wheels, Light alloy wheels
    - why?

Power assisted steering
    - it would probably be more informative to state if it is a rare car that doesn’t have power steering.

Others
    Alarm, alarm remote controlled
    Radio/CD, Radio/CD Multichanger, Radio/cd/cassette, Radio

I’m sure there’s other examples.

I’ve never advertised on carzone but I presume that this is just a tick the box part when filling it in. Do advertisers think that a longer list will make the car more appealing? Maybe dealers fill this in so much that they just tick everything the car has but I would prefer to have short list of proper extras to scan through quickly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Some more:

Adjustable steering cloumn.
    Adjustable head rests

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

It's just a tick-the-box effort and dealers probably don't spend the time carefully inputting the exact spec of each car... and in often cases don't understand the specs of the cars they are selling anyway! E.g. I often see cars there with "climate control", when the car plainly doesn't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I've often seen remote central locking when the car only has central locking - still a great way to get some money knocked off if you bring a printout of the ad with you ;)

Advertisement