Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Independent article

Options
  • 23-07-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a copy they could scan for me, supposely there's an article saying €2,000 of Sporting Fingalmerchandise was robbed from Mortan Stadium and they're blaming Shels fans on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

seriously mate, any chance you could calm down the obsession / hatred of Sporting Fingal. It's a bit tiring.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

dubmick wrote: »
    seriously mate, any chance you could calm down the obsession / hatred of Sporting Fingal. It's a bit tiring.

Eh? How was that obsessive or hateful? He supports the Eircom League, something like this is definitely of interest. There was no malice in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Firstly WTF, I was asking for an article from a newspaper? Secondly it's called a football rivalry.
    Moonbeam wrote: »

Cheers, had a look through there last night and it didn't turn up anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Anyone have a copy they could scan for me, supposely there's an article saying €2,000 of Sporting Fingalmerchandise was robbed from Mortan Stadium and they're blaming Shels fans on it.

I didn't hear that myself. They moved the truck recently from the gate to the home stand, maybe that's why they moved it?

I'm sure there is more than one crowd of supporters (or locals) capable of ripping off stock like that.

Speaking of rivalry, where you at the Shels/Fingal game a couple of weeks back? Horrible display I must say. Lucky to get a point.

• Advertisement

I didn't hear that myself. They moved the truck recently from the gate to the home stand, maybe that's why they moved it?

I'm sure there is more than one crowd of supporters (or locals) capable of ripping off stock like that.

Speaking of rivalry, where you at the Shels/Fingal game a couple of weeks back? Horrible display I must say. Lucky to get a point.

Supposely there was "Shels" spray-painted, but afaik that was there after the last Fingal-Shels game.

Ye I was (only missed 1 game this season incl. friendlies), to be honest with you I can't remember it very well apart from it was a very bad match.:D

DSB, have a look at the Sporting Fingal mega-thread.

It would be a good idea to move it to soccer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Cheers, had a look through there last night and it didn't turn up anything.

It does show the Fingal academy and facilities could be going to Lusk rather than nearer Donabate as was planned. Maybe you are right. If we end up with a ground out there good luck with attendence.

If the story is in this weeks paper then it should be online come this time next week if you can't get a copy of the story. Then you can have a trophy for your crime :p

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

it was a very bad match.:D

We should have beaten you two or three nil!
    dsmythy wrote: »
    It does show the Fingal academy and facilities could be going to Lusk rather than nearer Donabate as was planned. Maybe you are right. If we end up with a ground out there good luck with attendence.

Why so? Its a training facility, not a stadium.
    ..you can have a trophy for your crime :p
    :rolleyes:

Where is that exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Why so? Its a training facility, not a stadium.

Ah yes i was of the understanding a stadium would be built adjacent to the academy. The proposed stadium is earmarked for Swords.

That thread is on this forum, i think it's fallen to the second page of it.

• Advertisement

If the story is in this weeks paper then it should be online come this time next week if you can't get a copy of the story. Then you can have a trophy for your crime :p

Cheers. What would I do with €2,000 worth of merchandise from a minnow club anyway.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Whats wrong with the Sporting Fingal mega-thread? People are entitled to their opinions.

This is a North County Dublin forum not a football forum

ok, DSB?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

This is a North County Dublin forum not a football forum

ok, DSB?
    Should the threads on Balbriggan Nitelife be moved to Gigs & Events or Food & Drink? Of posts about trains from Balbriggan be moved to Commuting & Transport?

Surely these posts are as relevant and have as much right to stay.

Our great leader Chinafoot will decide I'm sure ;)

tbh I really don't care that much but...all I ever see from Gav the Shels man is him giving out about Sporting Fingal. It's boring.

It's great to see fingal with a Eircom league side. Comments like...

Once again I'd like to say I'm praying each passing day Sporting Franchise crash and burn.

No To Modern Football and No To Franchise Football Clubs."

..are unnecessary imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

He came on here to as about merchandise being stolen.He did not throw any digs at Fingal and in my opinion it is you with the problem not Gav.Cop on to yourself.

hunter164 wrote: »
    He came on here to as about merchandise being stolen.He did not throw any digs at Fingal and in my opinion it is you with the problem not Gav.Cop on to yourself.

Can I do anything else for you Hunter? Just let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Gav came on asking about something and you had a go at him straight away.Me thinks you've something against Gav.

You'd be wrong, I'm just sick of his rants about Sporting Fingal.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

/sigh: enough of the offtopic please folks,

OP: is this the latest issue of the fingal indo? if so i think i have a copy at home, ill have a look for it tonight and see what i can find for ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

splinter wrote: »
    /sigh: enough of the offtopic please folks,

OP: is this the latest issue of the fingal indo? if so i think i have a copy at home, ill have a look for it tonight and see what i can find for ya

I read it in the Fingal this morning - so it's this weeks copy. From what I can remember they concluded it was Shels fans as they graffitied "Shels" on the wall at the same time as they nicked all the gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

dubmick infracted. It'll be a ban next time.

Get it back on topic lads.

(Oh incidentally, the Sporting Fingal thread stays here. If it bores you so much dubmick don't read it. Simple.)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

all I ever see from Gav the Shels man is him giving out about Sporting Fingal. It's boring
    I'm just sick of his rants about Sporting Fingal.
    Gavin is a regular, unbiased and valued contributer to the Dublin City Forum. I think you are out of line 'dubmick'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Gavin is a regular, unbiased and valued contributer to the Dublin City Forum. I think you are out of line 'dubmick'!

This has already been dealt with so leave it alone.

Anymore off-topic posts will get a ban.

No To Modern Football and No To Franchise Football Clubs.

At least we're on the same page on one matter Mick.;)
    kcools wrote: »
    I read it in the Fingal this morning - so it's this weeks copy. From what I can remember they concluded it was Shels fans as they graffitied "Shels" on the wall at the same time as they nicked all the gear.

Yeah any chance of a scan of the article?

Why thank you Wish and welcome back.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hi OP. no im afraid unfortunatly its gone in the bin. sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

If I remember I'll bring it into work on Monday and scan it in for you.

If I remember I'll bring it into work on Monday and scan it in for you.

Cheers man.

Advertisement