Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loads of PES2009 news!!!

Options
  • 23-07-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/huge-pes-2009-leak-hits-the-net/

After waiting a while for any sort of news, we have an avalanche of info all at once! Thanks to Lami, Hunter from PESGaming and most importantly the Pro Evo League Live UK website. They posted an in-depth interview with a member of the industry who had the chance to playtest PES 2009.

Here the full interview posted by PELLUK:
    With regards to the gameplay, would you say it resembled PES6 or PES2008, and what aspects differ.

The gameplay is PES2008, the way it should have been. You can no longer run straight through everyone with Etoo or Ronaldinho without any effort but you can beat players by running if you time your moves correctly. It is very realistic and the AI in defence and attack is massively improved.

The refereeing in PES2008 was abysmal, has it got any better? (please elaborate with examples i.e bringing play back etc)

The refereeing is probably the same although the collisions are much better so the decisions are often correct. The diving works better too. Managed to win a pen with an expertly timed dive over a defenders outstretched leg - looked class.

PES2008 definitely favoured the attacking side with scoring being particularly easy. Is this the case in 2009?

Shots don’t seem to be as easy as 2008 and the keepers cover their area much better. Obviously if you get up to them and pass across them its easy but that’s the same in real life. The defence also like to play cat and mouse with the offside trap so it’s harder to get in to create the easier chances.

Have we finally moved into the “Next Gen” or are we still polishing a turd (graphics wise)

The graphics are similar but the lighting effects (floodlights/sun etc) are spectacular. It really adds to the feel of the game, definitely the best I have seen in a sports game but I haven’t seen Fifa 09 yet

PES2008’s goalkeepers were total garbage. Please tell me they’ve improved.

They seemed to have improved but after only a day, I can’t be 100% sure. I haven’t seen one soft shot being fumbled and tapped in though so that’s a good thing.

Who are the officially licensed England League teams?

Liverpool & Man Utd although most sides have nearly every player’s real face.

Please list the leagues included.

The same as last time, England, France, Spain, Holland & Italy

Any major non leagued teams removed or added?

Off the top of my head I think the only change is Zenith St Petersburg replacing Bayern Munich

Off the top of ur head, how many stadiums are there, and which famous ones are new? i.e stamford bridge etc

There are 19 stadiums, the only new one I remember is Wembley, although I suspect Old Trafford & Anfield will be there as part of the licensing agreement with the 2 clubs

You mentioned “become a legend” mode. Can you explain this in more detail? & how it relates to the “new exciting online mode”

You create a player and start off at a team - A made up side (Think it’s a youth side). You control just yourself (With the Be a Pro mode camera from FIFA). As you play your player improves in stats and sides become interested and make offers for your services, I had Hull & Everton after me.

When you save your player stats, you can then take him online to team up with other “legends”. This adds a whole new side to the game as you can actually play in a side day in day out and have leagues set up etc. I haven’t really got far into it but it is a great addition in my opinion.

does this imply that u can play online with other ppl playing in the same team as u???

yeah. I am not sure how many you can have but I have heard its 7 vs 7, don’t quote me though as this is 2nd hand info (tough I’m quoting you anyway!)

Any word on online lag yet?

I don’t work on the online section of the game but I am assured that the lag is 100% a thing of the past and this years will be the smoothest yet.

Of the big names, who has been greatly improved stat-wise, and have any of the silly super slags been downgraded?

Most of the stats are the same as last year (not completely finished yet) but Arshavin is better but not amazing. The slags dont need to be downgraded as the collisions are calculated better so its just a matter of defending them right. In my opinion your league wouldn’t need to remove any players as Messi can be handled by a competent defender as long as you time your challenges.

If you had to be disappointed with one thing, what would it be?

There are a couple for me (But I could be over critical). Crossing seems to be a bit floaty (from corners) and the shooting has completely changed again so it needs a good practise again. Shooting like PES 2008 will result in you scoring 0. This isn’t so much a bad thing but a nuisance.
    Also on the be a legend mode the user is unable to create a goalkeeper or defender to play with which is a shame

I am disappointed that Bayern have gone and the master league hasn’t changed - even the menus are the same.

Overall its the best footy game out there by a country mile up to now. Roll on October for the release.

Very disappointed by the ML news, but the Be a Legend mode sounds great and possibility of 7 vs 7!? Also, no mention of Random Selection games, but I remain hopefull!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Sounds pretty good so far! I think calling it the best footie game by a country mile is incredibly inaccurate but there you go.

I like the sound of the be a legend thing.

It's a bit crap how there's not more leagues & the master league menus are exactly the same as they belong on a bloody snes or something....

Colour me intrigued, but not overly hopeful of them correcting everything yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm fairly confident that there will be around 40 stadiums, as for the ML menues, I reckon they will be redone before the game ships. Remember, this is a preview build that is getting spoken about. It won't have all the features, assets or gameplay tweaks. Stuff will have been kept out of the code so as not to ruin planned reveals cause Konami will know there were going to be leaks, regardless of NDA's in place.

Tauren wrote: »
    I'm fairly confident that there will be around 40 stadiums, as for the ML menues, I reckon they will be redone before the game ships. Remember, this is a preview build that is getting spoken about. It won't have all the features, assets or gameplay tweaks. Stuff will have been kept out of the code so as not to ruin planned reveals cause Konami will know there were going to be leaks, regardless of NDA's in place.

Hmm, that makes sense! here's hoping for a return to form for PES as a whole! *crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah i reckon the menus will change, just using the old ones for the build.

Delighted about United and its good to see Liverpool licenced for the first time.

Colour me optimistic, and praying not to be let down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah I reckon that sounded pretty good, happy about the English licences too, an obvious improvement on Newcastle and Spurs anyway! I'm happy about the Stadiums aswell, 19 so far doesn't sound bad, and with OT and Anfield a possibility, it sounds great. And if Tauren's that confident, I'm happy!!! :p:) That Legend thing seems to be good, overall not too shaby!!!

BTW, love the sig Mikey!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

sounds good but i probably wont play be a legend because you cant play as a defender, thats really annoying but other than that its should be good

New information: On the either the PS3 or 360 version (possibly both and PC too) you'll be able to import your own MP3s.

So, who is going to keep: "I'm going to go, go for the goal, don't stand in my way, don't try to stop meeeee....." :D

The WENB guys will have a podcast out tonight at some point and they have said they will be confirming some stuff, and 'hinting' at some other things. The guys who run this site seem to know a lot more then they are letting on, and appaerently their 'hints' can be taken as damn near confirmation. Should be an interesting listen tonight or tomorrow....

New information: On the either the PS3 or 360 version (possibly both and PC too) you'll be able to import your own MP3s.

So, who is going to keep: "I'm going to go, go for the goal, don't stand in my way, don't try to stop meeeee....." :D
    Or... "We're gonna play football - soccer, football - soccer, football - soccer, all around the world! Football - soccer, football - soccer, football - soccer, THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL!!!" :)

No definitly not! But... "God made it easy, God made it easy on me, God made it easy all on meeee!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

I think its meant more for crowd chants, great idea tho, really adds to the realism.

Crowd chants would be great, but i actually doubt that it is the case. How would they implement it? It would sound completely different to the crowd in the game. I don't think they would spend hte time or other resources sorting out a way to convert the MP3 into a stlye that would tie in with the rest of the game's atmosphere.

If they could do it perfectly it would be amazing (one of the lads on the United thread last season had compiled 15 or so regular United chants into MP3 download :D) but i don't see how it could be done to a worthwhile level - i imagine it would feel very much out of place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Crowd chants would be great, but i actually doubt that it is the case. How would they implement it? It would sound completely different to the crowd in the game. I don't think they would spend hte time or other resources sorting out a way to convert the MP3 into a stlye that would tie in with the rest of the game's atmosphere.

If they could do it perfectly it would be amazing (one of the lads on the United thread last season had compiled 15 or so regular United chants into MP3 download :D) but i don't see how it could be done to a worthwhile level - i imagine it would feel very much out of place.

Not if they were ripped directly out of FIFA ;)
    No, good point, it'd be hard but for stuff like that there are losers on the internet who love spending there time on stuff like this like the perfect sounding mp3 chant, you gotta love them losers!

http://www.zshare.net/download/1596136884c19772/

WENB Podcast.

So, eh... some big talk imo.

Edit mode ment to be very different from 2008, more PS2 based.

MP3 uploads IS CHANTS

Gameplay is, apparently, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

AI...."Good things". Ment to have been improved a lot. A lot more pressure on the ball. Offensive and Defensive AI apparently a lot better.

Stadiums. Current Beta code has 19. No mention of more being added but they have previously said the 'expect' there to be around 40.

Become a Legend mode sounds fantastic. Start off as a nobody at a non-league side then try and work your way through the career of your created player. No choice on the clubs you go to though, which while annoying could actually aid the replay value of the game in that you can start a new game to see if you can get transfered to Man United.

Some new animations, not too much information though.

Having listened to this, I'm really starting to get excited about this version. Massive gameplay differences (hopefully for the better) Edit mode improved (brilliantly) and the Become a Legend mode (awesome)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Become a Legend mode sounds fantastic. Start off as a nobody at a non-league side then try and work your way through the career of your created player. No choice on the clubs you go to though, which while annoying could actually aid the replay value of the game in that you can start a new game to see if you can get transfered to Man United.

This was in the previous Winning Eleven (10 J:League), so is nothing new, but a normal Konami procedure to only include it over a year later in the new iteration of the game and proclaim as new and special.
    It was a decent mode, but the over the shoulder camera was a serious pain in the arse and for it to be properly playable you had to use the regular camera but focussed on "player", which worked out much better. Also if thats true that there's no choice in the club you go to, then thats something they've even taken out of it! You used to get trial game at the very start of it, then 3-4 clubs would offer you a contract based on your performance. You'd then choose one, then play for that club until the transfer window where other clubs may make an offer for you and you could move about between clubs. I dont know why they would take that out, sounds dodgy.
    The other main problem was the AI being god awful and also the fact that the only positions that worked out well was playing as either an OMF or DMF. Hopefully they'll have tweaked and fixed a lot of the issues from it's first appearance though.

I think the biggest disappointment so for me is the fact that the Master League is apparently the same. It's needed a major overhaul for more than a few years now but they keep sticking with it the way it is. Hopefully this another thing that will be revamped and we'll find out about it at Leipzig.:)

Julez wrote: »
    Not if they were ripped directly out of FIFA ;)
    No, they have the United fans sounding like Cockney's, I'm sure my pal Tauren is no fan that either!
    No I'd imagine you should have a say in what club you don't want to go to though! Like if Liverpool came in for me, I'd either refuse to play the Become A Legend mode, or get them religated by scoring shìt loads of own goals! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

If they dont get online working properly it will be a huge failure again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

True, as it should be. I mean fifa online is nigh-on perfect and yet konami can't seem to figure out how to do it - it's unacceptable.

Well, they said it would be 100 clear of lag, I'd like to see that as a guarantee.

Nailz wrote: »
    Well, they said it would be 100 clear of lag, I'd like to see that as a guarantee.

+21

That would be great! as would more than 1v1 online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Be a Pro looks interesting

i'd like to know if your auto picked in the starting 11 of a team you join or are might you join united and initially start on the bench

is there training to prove your worth etc etc?

lots of aspects to it whic confuse me

+21

That would be great! as would more than 1v1 online.
    Ah yeah it would, I only started playing 2 player same team leagues there a few monthes ago with my brother, it's actually pretty damn good. We play with our local Spanish club U.D. Almeria, currently hold up in 4th, not so bad...

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    Ah yeah it would, I only started playing 2 player same team leagues there a few monthes ago with my brother, it's actually pretty damn good. We play with our local Spanish club U.D. Almeria, currently hold up in 4th, not so bad...

Yeah, playing co-op is the business! if you can do online co-op leagues in the next one, I would love that! So long as the partner isn't a ball greedy feck! :)

I'd be the greedy one more than likely. But we play well down the wings, Ortiz is a right handfull, then put in through balls into space. We normally make space for each other, and run into space. But as the computer rarely tracks the spare man, I think it would be quite interesting online, as player goes to the man on the ball and the other on the runner. Should make things a bit harder and try other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Be a Pro looks interesting

i'd like to know if your auto picked in the starting 11 of a team you join or are might you join united and initially start on the bench

is there training to prove your worth etc etc?

Depends what team you pick and what position you are. When you start off your stats are quite crap, the worst one that effects you the most is your stamina, which is absolutely rubbish, so even if you start a match, you may get taken off at half time if ypu're not careful with your R1 pressing.
    You dont get auto picked either, so if you choose a higher wage at a better team, you'll find yourself bench warming a lot! Whereas if you pick a contract at lower team for lower money, you'll probably get a lot more play time.

You get to train in between matches and choose what you'd like to work on to improve your stats, but this does of course reduce your stamina if you dont take rest days etc...

Thats what it's like in Fatasista mode anyway, from what we've heard, they've made changes to it, and one of those changes is not being able to choose the team you go to, (waiting for confirmation though) which is a bit crap but hopefully not too bad.

I wonder do you have to partake in training as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The become a legend mode sounds very exciting. It should add more excitement to the single player mode.
    I don't understand the appeal of 7v7 in online mode. I HATE playing with someone in Pro Evo; it cramps my style

Nah pal, I just think you wanna take all the credit for yourself! :p;)

BrightEyes wrote: »
    I don't understand the appeal of 7v7 in online mode. I HATE playing with someone in Pro Evo; it cramps my style

A lot of people like the teamwork aspect.....

You're a loose cannon BrightEyes!

Yeah he's like some sort of a Cristiano Ronaldo!

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/bootiful-news/
    Hey Guys!

It’s been quiet, too quiet regarding news. With the guys over in Europe finally getting code a few more things have filtered through to us. This is mainly regarding licenses used in edit mode.

So first off news of new licensed footy boots in the game.

So far we’ve been told there are now 16 slots for choosing your boots. Along with that we have finally have Nike and Puma boots available, to compliment the Adidas ones already in the game. While not having the exact list, we can confirm that the following boots are in the game:

Nike Air Legend II
    Nike Total90 Laser II
    Nike Mercurial Vapor IV
    Nike Ronaldinho Dois
    PUMA v-Konstrukt II
    PUMA King XL

Currently in the code there is only one colour of each in the game. There seems that there is a possibility of being able to select your boots, which in-turn opens up a window of a variety of different colours for each brand. This is unconfirmed though, as its wasn’t accessible 100%.

Regarding balls we can confirm that Nike balls will also be used in the game, with the new design being in the game also.

We’ll have some more news on this further down the line, possibly when the next code hits around Leipzig. With so many licensing issues going on its difficult to comment further on anything else, so stay tuned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Manchetser United are officially licenced, http://www.pesfan.com/news/?id=7161549#continue and rumour is Liverpool are also but no confirmation.

Also here is the official trailer!
    http://www.video.dpadmagazine.com/2008/08/01/pro-evolution-soccer-2009-messi/

Im pissed that those ****e sprinting animations that look like they have a sore arse are back.

Also a bumper pack of screenshots:
    http://www.ps3clan.nl/index.php?site=news_comments&newsID=1760&lang=nl

Advertisement