Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loads of PES2009 news!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

if lack of mouse to edit is your biggest qualm with a game then konami are onto a winner

seriously minor thing, for a footy game i'd be more worried about, well, the football
    im sure they have a suggestion box, the game hasnt gone gold. put your opinion across, it might be a simple addition they overlooked

worth a try

Yeah, might do, doubt it'll get anywhere though.;)

Its not my biggest qualm with the game in any case, and gameplay is what matters. But presentation and interface are important too, especially if you already have the gameplay pretty well down. Pro Evo is a fantastic game, a fantastic series and I'll keep buying it as long as I think it worthy. I don't think anyone can argue that Konami\PES don't lose sales to Fifa (not only due to EA and their marketing) because Fifa has far better presentation, licensed leagues, more of them, etc... Its been known for a long time where PES's failings are - especially on pc - and I don't see them being addressed at all. It smacks of a rushed game at times, and shoddy porting from console at others.

But anyways, enough cosmetic arguments from me. Gameplay wise I'd like to see better keepers, smarter when rushing out, more consistent reffing, less niggly fouls-that-aren't-fouls-free-kicks that the opposition invariably score from, better set piece AI, more realistic crossing set pieces... etc. I'm not saying that these things are terrible in Pes '08, but they are areas for improvement. And if I'm going to be buying a new game every year, I'd like to see more of a change in each game that we're seeing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well, Adam and Suff from WENB are no doubt getting down to play PES09 right now. Hopefully they report good things come Wednesday morning, very hyped for what they report, cause everything I am hearing so far sounds excellent. FINGERS CROSSED.

Really looking forward to hearing how the Be a Legend mode works, they've been working on it with the Jap version, and the fixed player mode from previous versions for a while now so hopefully it is as good as it sounds.

I really think 09 is going to make up for the disappointment of 08.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

wats the ps2 version gonna b like???

wats the ps2 version gonna b like???

No idea what it will be like. PES08 on the ps2 was ment to be good though, so if they have improved it as they seemingly have the PS3 version it should be great.

As for the WENB guys....

Adam was on earlier and said that they had an 'awesome day'. He also said that come wednesday, we'll not be disappointed with what they have to show and tell. He then quoted himself, highlighting the not be disappointed bit in bold.

looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Are you sure there will even be a PS2 version this year, i mean that machine is getting tre old to be getting development so i'd have my doubts, that said, money plays a part and even a crap ps2 version will sell

biggest thing to bear in mind for the ps2 version is the discs cant handle near the amount of data as a ps3 disc, so dont expect the graphics to improve and i wouldnt imagine the game options will vary too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gmae optinos don't take up much space.
    Considering how many more PS2s there are out there compared to PS3s, I would think that they would make one. It ain't all about graphics.

PS2 pes2008 was better than the ps3 version.

There is definitely a PS2 version. I am positive about that. I can't see it missing game modes (offline anyway) as the Be a Legend mode has been in the J-League version of the PS2 game previously. It may play a bit differently to the next gen version if Konami are finally taking advantage of next gen hardware.

I would say it will be an update version of 08 with some more options, and maybe have the gameplay refined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

biggest thing to bear in mind for the ps2 version is the discs cant handle near the amount of data as a ps3 disc...
    ...but they handle exactly the same amount as an xbox 360 disc, meaning your point is invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Tauren wrote: »
    I'm fairly confident that there will be around 40 stadiums, as for the ML menues, I reckon they will be redone before the game ships. Remember, this is a preview build that is getting spoken about. It won't have all the features, assets or gameplay tweaks. Stuff will have been kept out of the code so as not to ruin planned reveals cause Konami will know there were going to be leaks, regardless of NDA's in place.

Senna from the croatian pes site has compiled a lot of stadiums so no need to worry on that score imo. :)(http://www.pesvirtualsuperstar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745 - mods, delete if this link aint allowed, thanks)

Balfa wrote: »
    ...but they handle exactly the same amount as an xbox 360 disc, meaning your point is invalid.

An Xbox 360 disc can handle as much as a PS2 disc

are you off your biccie

• Advertisement

An Xbox 360 disc can handle as much as a PS2 disc

are you off your biccie
    They both use dual-layer DVDs. Not sure how you could fit more on one DVD than on another, apart from maybe compressing everything on the DVD and then extracting it to the optional xbox hard drive, but then you could do that with the optional PS2 hard drive as well. And you could actually fit a lot more, since its hard drive is bigger.

But hey, if you know of a way to fit more than 8GB on a DVD, please let me know, because that could save me a lot of money in blank discs!

PS2 has a hard drive?

PS2 uses dual layer DVD'S???

Tauren wrote: »
    PS2 has a hard drive?
    yes
    PS2 uses dual layer DVD'S???
    yes

Lads, it's not hard to look these things up yourselves. My point was that the capacity of the media is going to have the least impact on the PS2 version, not the most impact, like you were suggesting.

Sure, the PS2 version of PES2008 had way more stadiums than the PS3 version, and stadium data are likely to be some of the biggest users of disc space in the game.

Anyway, back on topic, any word on the PS2 version would seem to be speculation at this point, except that it won't have animated ad boards :|

As for the game in general, some mixed opinions from the playtest today, but mostly positive. I'm looking forward to it a great deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

jury still out on pes09 for me i wanna see fifa 09 in action first :)

Advertisement