Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effin Flu!

Options
  • 23-07-2008 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else have it or had it recently? I'm little miss cranky pants at the moment. This is my third day in bed and it doesn't look like it's going away any time soon. Not impressed. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

afraid not. so don't come anywhere near me and give it as i'm going on my hols soon. drink loads of limsip and play it big time with the OH. i love doing that to my guy. least you get to catch up on your tv watching. that has been my fav part of my hols so far. and sleeping loads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

I have it since Sunday and it's wrecking my head!! No energy whatsoever, spent the last three days in bed. Coming around a bit today. I swear to God I haven't slept this much in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

mollybird wrote: »
    afraid not. so don't come anywhere near me and give it as i'm going on my hols soon. drink loads of limsip and play it big time with the OH. i love doing that to my guy. least you get to catch up on your tv watching. that has been my fav part of my hols so far. and sleeping loads

*Plants a big smacker on mollybird*

Muwahaha! You have it now! ;) Yeah the OH kinda has it now too, of course that's all my fault :rolleyes: Well no it probably is ha ha.
    scoot on wrote: »
    I have it since Sunday and it's wrecking my head!! No energy whatsoever, spent the last three days in bed. Coming around a bit today. I swear to God I haven't slept this much in years!

Yeah that's me too, no energy whatsoever. Never had a flu like this before. Sleep is good though, sleep as much as you can. Hope you feel better soon scoot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Anyone else have it or had it recently? I'm little miss cranky pants at the moment. This is my third day in bed and it doesn't look like it's going away any time soon. Not impressed. :(

Awwwhhhhh *Big (non germ transferring) hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

my friend had it last week, had to take a couple of days off work plus the weekend to recover.

though id nearly prefer to be sick than in work at the moment..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

sar84 wrote: »
    my friend had it last week, had to take a couple of days off work plus the weekend to recover.

though id nearly prefer to be sick than in work at the moment..

Ha! I thought that and then I had my contract terminated... careful what ya wish for :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

if you woulda come on friday night you probably wouldnt be sick, also would have had great times in a trolley... I'm fighting fit :D

Will wrote: »
    if you woulda come on friday night you probably wouldnt be sick, also would have had great times in a trolley... I'm fighting fit :D

Damn you!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Aw... that sucks when the weather is nice (ish). I had it in April/May - hopefully that was my dose for the year. Not nice - being so drained is the worst part.

I have awful blocked sinuses though - head feels like it's about to burst it's so stuffed. And it gets painful too - migraine from it last week. Summer can suck if you've allergies... :(

Yeah that's me too, no energy whatsoever. Never had a flu like this before. Sleep is good though, sleep as much as you can. Hope you feel better soon scoot on.

Back to work tomorrow I'd say because I'm going on two weeks holidays next week. I think I've just about shaken it, although I'm still knackered!! 8 hours in the office tomorrow will be a struggle.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Aw... that sucks when the weather is nice (ish). I had it in April/May - hopefully that was my dose for the year. Not nice - being so drained is the worst part.

I have awful blocked sinuses though - head feels like it's about to burst it's so stuffed. And it gets painful too - migraine from it last week. Summer can suck if you've allergies... :(

Yeah definitely the lack of energy is the worst part. Sleep is great though. Thank God I have quiet housemates.

Migraine sounds nasty, I know a few people who get bad hay fever in the summer and nothing seems to really work for them :(

scoot on wrote: »
    Back to work tomorrow I'd say because I'm going on two weeks holidays next week. I think I've just about shaken it, although I'm still knackered!! 8 hours in the office tomorrow will be a struggle.

Hope you're better scoot on. Don't go in if you don't feel up to it though, you could make yourself worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

well i did feel a bit queasy in work today. but i always know when i'm getting sick when i have a sore throat. well hope you are feeling better tommorow cb:)

Hope you're better scoot on. Don't go in if you don't feel up to it though, you could make yourself worse.

Right back atcha hun.

Ah I'll be grand. It's not busy at work at the mo so it's not too bad. Although one of the girls just txt me to tell me that my boss thinks i'm dying so to stay out a bit longer. I feel really guilty though cuz I'm going to be off for two weeks really soon. I think I'll go in and see how it goes. I can always pull the puppy dog eyes and go home if I'm knackered. This is the weirdest flu I've ever had. Today I started to feel better and then suddenly I go back to feeling crap, then just as suddenly I go back to feeling ok again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

urgh, about three months now i've been dose after dose after dose :( mix of the climate,overworking myself, surfing and working with kids (disease infested little buggers)...

Advertisement