Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pool - Phibsboro/Drumcondra?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi - not sure if this counts as strictly Dublin City, but just wondering if anyone knows of any public swimming pools or swim-membership-only pools in the City Centre/Phibsboro/Drumcondra environs???
    Most places that I've seen are part and parcel of gyms only, and no public hours?? :mad:
    Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Alsatian_Cousin

St Vincent's pool in Glasnevin (close to Drumcondra and Phibsboro) used to have public hours, I haven't been in years mind.There's a public pool in Ballymun too and on Sean Mc Dermott street if you don't mind travelling a bit further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 graphene

There are a couple of Dublin Corperation pools that are open to the public

Locations and opening times are avalable at
    http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/SportsFacilities/SwimmingPools/pages/swimming_pools.aspx

I often use the Markievicz on Townsend street it costs 6 euro for the Gym plus a Swim and Sauna but I think they do annual membership as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

graphene wrote: »
    I often use the Markievicz on Townsend street it costs 6 euro for the Gym plus a Swim and Sauna but I think they do annual membership as well.

+1

Markievicz is a nice facility, does the trick and it's reasonably convenient. I think annual membership has some restrictions but I can't remember what they are, could be just discounted pay at the door or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

There's also a pool in Belvedere college that opens to the public, can't remember how much it costs as I haven't been there in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

st. vincent de paul pool on the navan road, tel: 01 - 8384906

from the swimireland website

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

There is also one in the leisure centre in finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Clink wrote: »
    There's also a pool in Belvedere college that opens to the public, can't remember how much it costs as I haven't been there in years.

afaik it is open for two hours to the public in the morning and same in the evening, finishes at 7 I believe.... On Denmark St OP

Advertisement