Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest flights to NY

• 23-07-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

I know theres a thread in Bargain Alerts about flights to the US, but that turned out to be all about cheaptickets.com. I'm looking to book for the end of August/Start of September. Aer Lingus works out about over 500 euros for a return, anyone know a cheaper fare from another company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

over €500 doesn't sound too bad

You can get a flight for under €450 if you fly through heathrow ( nightmare!) Otherwise american airlines seem to be always cheaper than aer lingus.

Try Kayak.com too

Good Luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You could look at USAirways or Delta

Or try cheaptickets.com :D
    They have DUB-LHR-JFK with Aerlingus and Virgin, September 3-10 from €335.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I personally think it is well worth paying the extra and going direct with likes of Aer Lingus or Delta; less hassle and less chance (I would hope) of losing a bag of shopping due to transfers etc.

If it is short trip to NY for shopping etc - which most are - then you don't want to be losing valuable shopping a sight seeing time travelling via Heathrow.

Myself and wife go every year for last 7 or 8 and we have always gone direct Dublin to JFK.

Just my thoughts:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Phone Deltas dublin offices and they'll sort you out over the phone and its alot cheaper than booking online.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭shalom

I flew with USAirways last year and went to Philadelphia from Dublin. It worked out at €370. My friend collected me and it is only about an hour from NY but I believe you can get the train direct to NY from the airport.

S

• Advertisement
Advertisement