Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a spdif bracket?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to hook up speakers to my HTPC via either optical or coax. My HTPC has a spdif header but those cheapskates didn't include a coax/optical bracket with the motherboard.

Anyone know where I can pick one up? Or if anyone has one lying around that they aren't using i'd be willing to buy it off them ;)

Let me know anyway. It will look something like this:

spdif_bracket_LRG.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I have a load of crap from my 780i which i forgot to send back, i think i might have one lying about. But if not i find frozencpu and pc-look.com a great place to look for stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I have one from an old board. It has another two connections on it for adding extra speaker ports, might want it removed as just an extra wire which would be used for nothing. If you want to collect it you can have it for nothing. Only problem is i'm in southwest dublin. Theres a slight difference, the connector has 5 pinhole not 3 like in your pic. If will work for you can have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Anti wrote: »
    I have a load of crap from my 780i which i forgot to send back, i think i might have one lying about. But if not i find frozencpu and pc-look.com a great place to look for stuff like this.

can't find any brackets with spdif support on those sites :( i've looked everywhere and all I can find is other people also looking for these brackets and not finding anything. There is a few nz stores that have them but they don't ship internationally.

I might check when I get home to see if my 8800GT supports taking in spdif, it probably doesn't though.

If you do have some lying around Anti, send me a PM, I'll buy them off you.

DSCF0544.jpg
    DSCF0546.jpg
    Its the red connector, just checked it and only uses the three pins so should be the right one. The other bit is just being held in by two screws so easy to take off.

deceit wrote: »
    Its the red connector, just checked it and only uses the three pins so should be the right one. The other bit is just being held in by two screws so easy to take off.

Can I get this off you? I'll send you a PM

• Advertisement

hope did the job for ya :)

deceit wrote: »
    hope did the job for ya :)

did the job perfectly, cheers for that :D. The sound is a lot better coming out over than SPDIF TOSlink connection compared to connecting the PC up to the AV Receiver using 3x3.5mm jacks.

The reason I wanted it was that connecting the receiver to the normal audio jacks means the onboard soundcard does the sound processing. Connecting via the Optical/Coax means it just gets passed directly to the receiver which does the processing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 defiantroa

I found the cable bracket mention in this post here, and where to get them.

http://shophobby.blogspot.com/2009/08/msi-or-gigabyte-motherboard-spdif-out.html

I also check out some company called Vidabox in the US, but they said they were out of stock.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

NECROTHREADEDAGED!!! lol.gif

Advertisement