Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying off my credit card

Options
  • 23-07-2008 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking at my credit card online and I'm being told it is minus €400 which is fine as I have accounted for all of that. In only have €50 available on it riht now and I would like to pay off the €400 that it is telling me I owe it.

However when I attempt to do this online I get a warning telling me that my "statement closing balance" is €94.10 and that if I pay the full €400 then I'll have put the card in credit and that ain't a good idea from what I ave read before.

Can anyone help me out here as I would like to just pay it all off and forget it????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Fabio wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking at my credit card online and I'm being told it is minus €400 which is fine as I have accounted for all of that. In only have €50 available on it riht now and I would like to pay off the €400 that it is telling me I owe it.

However when I attempt to do this online I get a warning telling me that my "statement closing balance" is €94.10 and that if I pay the full €400 then I'll have put the card in credit and that ain't a good idea from what I ave read before.

Can anyone help me out here as I would like to just pay it all off and forget it????

94.10 is prolly end month balance and what is due as next payment, the rest was put on after last statement date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

What bank are you talking about? Surely not AIB / BOI as you can make payments anytime you like online :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Fabio

It's an Ulsterbank Mastercard.

I went into my local branch about it but the girl at the desk wasn't the greatest at explaining it! She was saying that if I paid off my last bill which I did then I had done these transactions after that bill and so they're coming up now. I knew that but yet still didn't get why I could not pay the debt on the card!!!

ircoha wrote: »
    94.10 is prolly end month balance and what is due as next payment, the rest was put on after last statement date

Even though it says I can pay off €94.10 have you any idea why I can't simply pay off the full 400???

Do I have to wait until the my next bill comes?

I would just pay the 400 eur TBH. I can't understand what they're talking about TBH. There's nothing stopping you putting money on a credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

No, if your current up to date balance is -400 then you can pay 400 on to it. The 94 is simple what was sepnt up to your last statement. You'll be fine to pay the 400.

Good man unclebill I knew the voice of Ulster Bank would see sence!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Yes, the voice of Ulster Bank says yes to paying 400.... next problem.... of which there are many.... :D

HA HA! Thanks guys I;m going to go and do that...fecking annoying that it's kinda misleading me though.

Advertisement