Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flickr question

Options
  • 23-07-2008 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭

Might be a silly question, but why is Flickr the chosen site of enthusiasts to upload their pics to as opposed to any other site? What are the pro's and con's?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

I'd imagine because there's no adverts, it's fast, reliable ..
    and a pro account is excellent value ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I don't use it but I'd imagine it's also to do with it being the most famous and hence companies and the like looking for that "ideal" photograph for their product, scouring it and plucking out which could be your lucky photo and getting paid for it and your ego rising!
    Oh it also gives out exif information.
    Personally I find it a very unattractive layout and slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

Oh it also gives out exif information.
    LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Personally I find it a very unattractive layout and slow.

Personally I find it about 100 times faster/better than pix.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Its fairly plain allright i do rather pix layouts but speed wise i find no difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Pix.ie is a good site and is being used more and more. I've nothing against it at all, but personally, I've few images on it.

Flickr gives a bit more international flavour and exposure. It has many useful add-ons, such as moo, and bighugelabs.

Both great sites for hosting your photos.

I just happen to prefer flickr. :cool:

iampixie wrote: »
    LOL!
    I get fed up reminding you in your thread so the odd sly dig elsewhere will always happen. :D

Personally I find it about 100 times faster/better than pix.ie!

There is absolutely no way it is faster, I've just gone to your site and then to a pix.ie site and when browsing photographs in an album the flickr album is most def slower.
    I mean you have a Motohead called Emyln Hughes!!!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

For me at the moment I find flickr handier for things like guest passes to private sets, and tbh I suppose i'm just used to the interfaces - I use the upload by email thingy quite often. I do think the layout and navigation are quite good too, no ads, and tons of space if you need it. I use 'on black' from fd's flickr toys now and again too.

There is absolutely no way it is faster, I've just gone to your site and then to a pix.ie site and when browsing photographs in an album the flickr album is most def slower.

;)

Someone wants mod status on pixie :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

;)

Well.. I find pix slower tbh. It's a good site in all fairness :)

Lol@that :p

ricky91t wrote: »
    Someone wants mod status on pixie :rolleyes:
    Theres no such thing as mod status.

:)

Theres no such thing as mod status.

:)

you never know :pac:
    fine so administrative rights :D

Advertisement