Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing in Limerick

Options
  • 23-07-2008 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Can anyone recommend a good boxing club in Limerick? Also what would the general age group there be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Are you talking about taking it up in a competitive manner or just for keeping in shape?

St Francis ABC is very good, as is Corpus Christi. Those two would be the best of the city clubs, although Lady Of Lourdes have a few useful people involved in the coaching side of things, and I know of a very good ex boxer living around the Ballinacurra Gardens/Ballinacurra Road area that would make for a fine coach as I have seen him involved before and he has the ability to be a damn fine coach.

http://www.iaba.ie/boxing/Main/Clubs.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 millsy5

I'd be more interested in keeping in shape, learning how to box and having a few spars when i get good at it. I'm too old to consider fighting competitively.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Being honest the just keeping in shape side of things in not huge in the Limerick clubs, it is mostly younger lads being trained in the hope of entering comps etc.

That is not to say that you may not be accommodated, but those involved may not have the time to look after those who are in there just to keep in shape as well as looking after their own charges.

Have not been out to Chorpus Christi in a bit, but if I were you, I would phone there and ask for Declan Fitzgearld. He will let you know if they are doing much along the lines of what you want at the moment, and also he would be a good source of info as to who may have a set up to suit you.

His contact number is in the link I sent you. Just click on Munster and scroll down to Limerick.

Advertisement