Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPA Qualification

• 23-07-2008 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Does anyone know if the CPA Accountancy Qualification is considered as an honours degree. Could I go into some other area, say medicine (which requires and honours degree) or something else that requires an honours degree, after gaining this qualification?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Lisa85 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the CPA Accountancy Qualification is considered as an honours degree. Could I go into some other area, say medicine (which requires and honours degree) or something else that requires an honours degree, after gaining this qualification?

ACCA was recently considered equivalent to a Masters degree. So, there should be no problem with the CPA qualification being considered an honours degree.

You could contact UL to ask if they consider the CPA qualification as an honours degree for their graduate medical course.

BTW, I think the new route into medicine is fantastic, for too long this was the default course to apply for if you thought you were going to get top marks in the leaving, regardless of aptitude.

Whereas in fact medicine is more like a vocation - personally I'd rather sweep the streets than have to deal with sick people! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

CPA is not recognised on the HETAC framework

I asked the CPA guy when he called to Carlow IT

He gave the impression its only relevant as an accountancy qualification - I also asked the vocational guidance counsellor and she did not think any college would recognise it as a degree equivalent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Interesting in a :eek: kind of way. In that case it's high time CPA got their thumb out! I would consider this very important for CPA's wanting to go on into post graduate study in general. I'm sure if CPA applied they'd get recognition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Conact CPA

Advertisement