Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paying full fees

Options
  • 23-07-2008 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i got accepted into a course in ul, but because i attended the second year of a course in sligo 2005/06 (i was offered the placement from a fas course i was doing at the time) and for various reasons i decided not to complete it, mostly because of the distance and accommodation costs. I found out recently I have to pay the full 6500 euro for a years tuition and maybe the second year too. also i am not eligible for the Higher Education Grants Scheme. I'm going too see if i can get a personal loan to pay for it this. though how I'm going to pay it back over the next 4 - 5 years is beyond me as im not sure i can get back to education allowance either. does anyone have any advise for me? cos to be honest I'm a bit worried about my future right now.
    :(

edit: was talking to the fee's department today, looks like its just for the first year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Issac Hunt

You should check out studentfinance.ie buddy

Extremely helpful site. helped me no end let me tell you. Other than that i'd suggest a part-time job, secret life of crime at the weekends or become a fluffer :D

(I jest. A life of crime isnt the answer lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ogami

thanks, well i got the loan anyway so i wont turn to fluffing just yet, =p ill be paying it back over 4 years so it shouldn't be too bad.
    I was already at that site but it wasn't not much help with the whole "what to do if you don't want to suck eggs for 5 years" problem -_-
    what annoys me is that I'm not eligible for the maintenance grant for 2 years either. even though i didn't get it before cos i wasn't 23 on the January before i went for the course =/ and i only did 1 year of the course geh =/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Issac Hunt

ahh egg sucking.....:rolleyes:...eh i mean...

*ahem*

Yeah, i doubt i'll get the grant myself. Something to do with my dad being f*cked by the state cus he had to give up work to care for my mam and gran. Poxy Carer's Benifit :mad:

Advertisement