Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Name - Branding

Options
  • 23-07-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

I'm setting up an online business and will be launching in the next 3 months - I'm at odds with people on the project regarding the Business Name and Brand.
    I've a domain name selected, but one of the guys says it's very "Fisher Price" - i.e. it tells you exactly what it does. He's more in favour of developing a real BRAND - i.e. monster.ie does not tell you that the product is recruitment; Pepsi does not tell you it's carbonated sugar drinks, etc. etc.

While I like the idea of developing a brand name that can grow to be the next Apple, Yahoo, Google, etc I'm not sure (a) how to go about it, or (b) how much time and cost to sink into it.
    I guess the fact that I'm so close to launching is also making me "expedite" the decision!

Any ideas?

Donal

Advertisement