Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Safes?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hello to everyone. was wondering where to get a 3/4 gun safe? fairly new to the gun scene so not sure what are good makes of safe and wots the goin rate. where would be a good place to buy one? and would you be better off buying new or second hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hi Bobby,welcome to the house of Fun:D
    Kinda of a big safe for somone starting up??Are you expecting to buy a good few guns?Or already have them?
    Any of the gunshops will have them,expect about 250 euros upwards.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Get yourself a 4 gun deep safe to take the rifle scope as well. Give Duffy's in galway a call I think it's €10 p&p on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bobby_1

well i've been out shootin with a few mates now a good bit over the last year or so and decided to get me own guns, bought a o/u shotgun and a cz.17 hmr. just wanted to future proof it in case i ever do decide to get some other form of machine, expect to have the licences within the next 2-3weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I got a Infac safe about 1 year ago. It was the estra deep model to allow for the scope and can hold 4 gun. cost €350 if I remember correctly.

kerryman12 wrote: »
    I got a Infac safe about 1 year ago. It was the extra deep model to allow for the scope and can hold 4 gun. cost €350 if I remember correctly.

Got the same in May from Stakelums in Urlingford KK for €250 so give them a call

• Advertisement

do ya have a no. for them clive? or website?

Bobby_1 wrote: »
    do ya have a no. for them clive? or website?

Sean Harding
    056 8831018
    No website
    On the left just after the lights from north
    OR
    On the right just before the lights from south

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

Got the same in May from Stakelums in Urlingford KK for €250 so give them a call

thats sickening!!

kerryman12 wrote: »
    thats sickening!!

Hate that. ;)
    AND asked for discount :eek: and got another €25 off so only €225:D
    But had to carry it all the way to KK city, I'm only 4' 6" now I was 5' 13" :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

clivej wrote: »
    I was 5' 13" :eek:

or 6' 1" depending on where you are :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

built a gun store in my house 9 inch walls and concrete cilling , standard size steel door sheeted in timber its 4x4 feet plenty big for all my inportant stuff also have a 12 gun safe in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

Bobby sent a pm about a safe a friend just bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Got a 4 gun safe with a lock top for bolt and ammo in Jeffersports in Bandon Co. Cork recently. 245 euros. Holds my .22 with scope no worries. Only on my first licence but reckoned the 1 and 2 gun safes were quite light. If you could prise them from the wall you could carry them off. The 4 gun no chance. Also look to the future. Good enough chance you might buy more firearms so having a larger safe for not so much more money could make sense. Just my 2 cents.

Heckler.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

Heckler wrote: »
    Got a 4 gun safe with a lock top for bolt and ammo in Jeffersports in Bandon Co. Cork recently. 245 euros. Holds my .22 with scope no worries. Only on my first licence but reckoned the 1 and 2 gun safes were quite light. If you could prise them from the wall you could carry them off. The 4 gun no chance. Also look to the future. Good enough chance you might buy more firearms so having a larger safe for not so much more money could make sense. Just my 2 cents.

Heckler.

heckler get a second safe for the bolt and ammo please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Hello to everyone. was wondering where to get a 3/4 gun safe? fairly new to the gun scene so not sure what are good makes of safe and wots the goin rate. where would be a good place to buy one? and would you be better off buying new or second hand?

hi bobby-1 i have a bufflo 4 scopes +rifle safe only 180euro
    good safe steve and wellcome:D

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

thehair wrote: »
    hi bobby-1 i have a bufflo 4 scopes +rifle safe only 180euro
    good safe steve and wellcome:D

where abouts are you based?
    have you any pics?

based in wexford, have found a local supplier who sells gun safes. 180e for a buffalo river 4 gun safe. i think that is a reasonable price for that particular safe.any comments or suggestions very welcome. thanks for the input from everybody so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

hi bobby i have one they are very good safes;)steve
    as rovi has say four guns safe is only good for two rifle
    say with scopes and bipod fitted steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Hi Bobby, welcome to the wonderful world of shooting.

Others have made good recommendations on makes of safe, so I won't go there; I just want to point out that the manufacturers tend to be somewhat 'optimistic' on the number of guns that'll fit into their safes.

That's not to say that you can't actually wedge 4 guns into a '4 gun' safe, but you wouldn't want to be too concerned about nice finishes on metal and wood, as they'll practically have to be kicked into it to get the door closed.

I've generally found the 'comfortable' capacity of a gun safe to be approximately 1/2 to 2/3 of the stated capacity; that'll leave enough room to take guns in and out of it without dragging them over each other every time.

Oh, and be sure to get one deep enough if you're planning to store scoped rifles in it. :D

ok lads thanks for all the suggestions, i got a buffalo river 4gun safe yesterday for 150e. so sorted for the gun safe thanks for the input.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

based in wexford, have found a local supplier who sells gun safes. 180e for a buffalo river 4 gun safe. i think that is a reasonable price for that particular safe.any comments or suggestions very welcome. thanks for the input from everybody so far.

Im from Wexford myself and have been looking round for a reasonabled priced 6 gun safe.
    Can you tell me who this supplier is or pass me on their contact details?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

hi i got a hunter 8gun deep safe at the game fair in birr last year.
    they are sweedish (i think). they came over with a truck full of safes. they have a very high security spec, they were doing i special on this
    safe 385euro.. great value. also a lockable top drawer with loads of room.
    i hope they are at the fair 08cause a few of my buddies are hoping to buy same..they also deliver to the door every few months... highly recomended;);)

Advertisement