Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Leinster Jerseys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

looks the same but with a silly collar now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

True.
    It seems that Canterbury only have one style of jersey on the go now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Yeah, they really don't have any imagination down there. Even their soccer and GAA (Be gob and be gorrah!) jerseys look alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah looks the same bar the collar, is the navy part a bit darker maybe?

No gold whatsoever in it now, shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Yeah, the canterbury stuff is starting to look tired...I for one will never be able to wear the current Irish design...too indelibly associated in my mind with the RWC fiasco...

New Munster away out, quite nice...check out the promo photos...hilariously awful, especially DOC and POC...

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/19_8317.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

Canterbury gear will change every two years. That is the supporters shirt, by the way. Not the playing shirt.

I wouldn't be mad on that at all. Looks a bit too much like a soccer jersey. Reminds me of Turkey's gear, or something.

DO'C has no shame when it comes to advertising it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

toomevara wrote: »
    Yeah, the canterbury stuff is starting to look tired...I for one will never be able to wear the current Irish design...too indelibly associated in my mind with the RWC fiasco...

New Munster away out, quite nice...check out the promo photos...hilariously awful, especially DOC and POC...

Lol! Looks like they didn't even let DOC into the ground :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The Leinster away jersey in particular looks more like a casual teeshirt than a Jersey. When will the test jersey be released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Not much change there....but i like it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Not a fan, I've got to be honest. The 2006/07 jersey was the best...although it was still bank of scotland, it had gold crest and gold canterbury crest with proper rugby jersey collar and proper rugby jersey fabric. Those days are gone now I think. Didn't like last seasons jersey at all, maybe this is a slight improvment, difficult to say until I see it in person, but so far yet to be convinced.

Also, the Munster white jersey? :D I'm not having a go, but you're having a laugh, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

*pukes a little*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

They do look a little like t-shirts, although I know they're the supporters jerseys.

I think that they could include some golden piping or something to make it a little more distinctive, even the harp in the new logo is white. At least last season's had golden yellow around the collar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

what a load of muck!!

Well pissed off because I've been saving a voucher for Champion Sports in the hope that they would change the jersey to something with a bit of blue in it. Instead they've kept the basic design that looks like somebody smeared some hot ashphalt over their belly.

And they wonder why more Leinster fans don't wear colours to games!!!

Leinster jerseys over the past few years have been to clothing what Ireland's Call is to music. And they're being ignored for the same reason!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

That white Munster one is cac! I love my navy blue one, that put the fear of god into people.

Not impressed with the Leinster jersey either tbh, particularly the away one. Having said that, I originally didn't like the Irish one, but really like wearing it now. I like the sleekness of it, for want of a better term.

I originally didn't like the Irish one, but really like wearing it now. I like the sleekness of it,

Hmm. Blessed are the sleek for they may wear the new Ireland jersey with confidence.

What about us pot-bellied former front rowers?

Bah. Humbug!!

Hmm. Blessed are the sleek for they may wear the new Ireland jersey with confidence.

What about us pot-bellied former front rowers?

Bah. Humbug!!

if only it was just a pot....

Man up ffs!

You're a disgrace to the forwards, worrying about what you look like, rather than worrying about supporting your country! Pfft!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Another horrible jersey!

Best to stick with polos and fleeces I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Aw man I don't like that Munster one... I thought the grey one was bad... Stick with the navy I think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Hansel

the collars on the Leinster jersey's are brutal.
    Don't think much of the new Munster away jersey either. Hopefully the new range of polo shirts etc(they'll be red and black as opposed to red and navy:mad:) that are to be released will be nice because I won't be buying that thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Aw man I don't like that Munster one... I thought the grey one was bad... Stick with the navy I think...
    Don't like the Leinster one either... those curvy lines look just silly! Like they are trying to be slimming or something... They're supposed to be rugby players not a hen party...
    The away one isn't so bad...

It's such a racket anyway (the whole shirts thing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Wearing white and playing rugby does not go well together !! All those poor mothers that will have to wash them after :confused:

gcgirl wrote: »
    Wearing white and playing rugby does not go well together !! All those poor mothers that will have to wash them after :confused:

Supporting rugby and wearing white isn't great either. Think of all the Guinness and curry stains.:D

Amz wrote: »
    Man up ffs!

You're a disgrace to the forwards, worrying about what you look like, rather than worrying about supporting your country! Pfft!

:)

I don't have to take that from you, missy. :mad:

I've been wearing green jerseys to 5N matches since before you were born, I'll wager. I just prefer the old style, logo-free, loose-fitting variety. Mind you, my old one is getting a bit threadbare now.

And really, it's the viewers I worry about. There's enough chance of somebody losing their lunch on a 6N weekend without the hideous sight of a sleek covering on a decidedly unsleek form increasing the odds.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

Hansel wrote: »
    the collars on the Leinster jersey's are brutal.
    Don't think much of the new Munster away jersey either. Hopefully the new range of polo shirts etc(they'll be red and black as opposed to red and navy:mad:) that are to be released will be nice because I won't be buying that thing.

Have you pics of the new polo shirts? Are they changing the rainjackets as well?

I don't have to take that from you, missy. :mad:

I've been wearing green jerseys to 5N matches since before you were born, I'll wager. I just prefer the old style, logo-free, loose-fitting variety. Mind you, my old one is getting a bit threadbare now.

Aww petal, I'd no idea you were so sensitive about it :) I'm sure you're only gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 michael.oleary

Dare I say it, add in a little black and you have the ulster jersey :) lol

http://www.ssmsports.co.uk/ulsterrugbystore.aspx?scid=vlZe9Gyx0hUad1913d&wcid=xNFWZvFLXSsad1913d&wscid=0jsrLh2gad1912fE8ad1913d&pid=GVCpt1u1Pfsad1913d Muahhahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

Am I the only person on here that likes the new Munster away jersey??? :eek:Would prefer if the socks and shorts were a different colour tho.

Man, I am gonna get so flamed over this :p

• Advertisement

Have you pics of the new polo shirts? Are they changing the rainjackets as well?

Unfortunately not. I've been trying to persuade somebody with the pics to send them on to me, but I've had no luck, apparently I'd only post them all over the internet (how well they know me!). According to them, the new gear is "savage". All merchandise is changing as far as I know. One reason for this doing the rounds is that Adidas don't want Munster clashing with the Lions as they are both big sellers in their own right.
    My own theory is that adidas are just a shower of b@stards:mad: I like red, I like navy. I don't like white jerseys and I don't like the idea of black and red merchandise. They are NOT the Munster colours.

theKramer wrote: »
    Am I the only person on here that likes the new Munster away jersey??? :eek:Would prefer if the socks and shorts were a different colour tho.

Man, I am gonna get so flamed over this :p

I quite like it too, bit of a classic look to it....

Amz wrote: »
    Aww petal, I'd no idea you were so sensitive about it :) I'm sure you're only gorgeous.

Well naturally. I mean, what 40-something ex hooker isn't?

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

DOC_Web.jpg

DOC looks like he's practising his reply to the haka... "Donncha Smash!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

man that new away munster jersey is seriously ****e!! don't like it at all!!! The new black and silver training shirt looks really good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I liked last years Leinster jersey, and there were fecking thousands of them at every game last year. Might be able to pick one up cheap now that there is a new one about!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

I liked last years Leinster jersey, and there were fecking thousands of them at every game last year. Might be able to pick one up cheap now that there is a new one about!

Maybe not, I can't see the new jersey selling well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Last years one was rubbish.
    So's this one.

I agree, the last Bank of Scotland one was the best.

The Ireland Jersey's looking worse with every iteration too. The classic Cotton, one with Just the crest on it, was the best.
    Curvy thin white lines down the front look ridiculous, and yet both Ireland and Leinster have them now.
    Also, Rugby shirts need collars IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

I agree, the last Bank of Scotland one was the best.
    This one led to much confusion when I visited Scotland with it on a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Worrytahs

Blisterman wrote: »
    The Ireland Jersey's looking worse with every iteration too. The classic Cotton, one with Just the crest on it, was the best.
    Curvy thin white lines down the front look ridiculous, and yet both Ireland and Leinster have them now.
    Also, Rugby shirts need collars IMO.
    That jersey and its variations sold three times more than expected even up to the end of the 6N this year.

Why does a rugby playing shirt need a collar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think our RWC 03 shirt was the last nice jersey

REUA_205132.jpg&size=508&scale=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah i liked that one alot too Zabbo

From a womens point of view the tight jerseys are kind of nice and snuggly!! The old jerseys were very unflattering to us women !! But have Rob Kearning in one of those new jerseys and that wil put a smile on my face:p:p

old jersey
    POPPLEWELL_N_19891118_GH_R.jpg

newish jersey
    RobertKearney1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

leinster looks crap its a joke they made an even worse jersey compared to last years.

munster away looks like the english jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

De Deraco wrote: »

Thankfully someone else spotted this, I mentioned this to a few munster mates and they weren't happy !
    Also I reckon the alternate lions shirt will look the exact same when it comes out !

The Black jersey looks like something that was intended for the All Blacks and then Adidas decided to palm it off onto Munster !

Also if you look at the video it looks like they're the supporters jerseys that the team are modelling....You can see Hurley running away and the back of his short is all pinned in to make it look tighter at the front !

As for the leinster one, how the hell are young lads meant to put a collar up on that new shirt.....someone should design some collar extensions and sell them outside the game, you could make a mint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'd love to have seen a varient of the WC jersies everyone had for Leinster with Navy, Gold and White.

Would've been peachy.

De Deraco wrote: »

Bladerdash and Piffle....anyone with any kind of sporting pedigree knows the inspiration for the Munster shirt is clearly the Liverpool '85/'86/'87 away shirt...at least that what me and all my superannuated mates said as soon as we saw it....;)

away8586.jpg

Bladerdash and Piffle....anyone with any kind of sporting pedigree knows the inspiration for the Munster shirt is clearly the Liverpool '85/'86/'87 away shirt...at least that what me and all my superannuated mates said as soon as we saw it....;)

away8586.jpg
    Funny enough i was thinking the same thing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

pithater1 wrote: »

Your still sponsored by Bank of Ireland, I thought by now you would deserve a bigger sponsor than that.

It's the largest sponsorship in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Your still sponsored by Bank of Ireland, I thought by now you would deserve a bigger sponsor than that.

Still? :confused:

We have only been sponsored by them for one season. It was Bank of Scotland up until the end of the 2006/07 season.

Ah I'm sure they paid top penny for it, they're hardly small time, they splash the cash on sponsorship, such as the National Football & Hurling championship, and all the irish provences, Ulster, Connacht & (previously - up until the 06/07 season) Munster. I'm sure the contract has a year or two to run yet.

Don't worry, the branch and IRFU (and GAA for that matter) are no mugs, they'll get their money's worth ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement