Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fears of September are kicking in - HELP!

Options
  • 23-07-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I know this is gonna be way to late, but no one can answer me fully on this - so in hope I post this thread, maybe someone out there has a solution so my problem.

My problem is this,
    I failed first year of College at GMIT, I didn't like the course, in all honesty I didn't care.

But now it's late July, and although I have work for the summer, I won't have work in September.

Is it too late to apply for a course? Or is there a last minute hope for last minute people like me?

If anyone has any information AT ALL, please post - Your my Final Hope.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

Ok.. you may be in luck, for changing colleges you may be out of time, but to change the course i think it can be done up untill the end of July, but you need to Contact the admissision office as in phone them or call into the actally campus, no use email, some people are on holiday + they don't excatly use email well in GMIT ;)
    but anyways make a disision to what course you would like to do and go for it, know this before you attempt to contact them then i'm sure someone can help

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hey it's Shane!

At this stage I'll settle for any course (bar the one I was doing!) Thank you so much - you've saved me a serious amount of hassle.

I'll give a look through the courses and give them a call today ^^

You may have just saved 1 year of complete waste - Thanks again ! ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

np, also don't forget to talk with the Chapline and student services they can help allot, you may have to pay for this years tuition fees, but that procedure,

Talk with them, thats what they are their for ;)

This forum could help as well..
    http://www.gmitsu.ie/phpBB2/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hey it's Shane!

Ah I expected I'd have to pay for it, but I won't let that get me down, thank you so much, your a life saver :)

Advertisement