Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you had to nuke an Irish town ...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Has to be Cork - maybe it'll put an end to their 'rebellion'.

You can't nuke Cork, they're nuke free since 1992 (or whatever year that annoyingly smug sign says)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Benny-c wrote: »
    Had the 'pleasure' to spend 1.5years in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.

Castlebar.................kaBOOM:D

Oh, +1 there. It's like Royston Vasey on a slow day crossed with something from the Wicker Man.

That or Athlone. Nohting against the place, but if you nuke it you;ve got a fair chance of taking out Castlebar AND Dublin - everybody wins :)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

mike65 wrote: »
    You can't nuke Cork, they're nuke free since 1992 (or whatever year that annoyingly smug sign says)

Mike.
    yeah but chromium 6 rich :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭alexjk

given that it's ireland, we'd all end up getting killed by the blast.drogheda is actually not a bad town to look at, but yeah the people.and THAT accent...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,963 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Edenderry, Rathangan, and Longford, because lets face it who'd miss Longford!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

I would've voted for Waterford, but it wasn't there.
    Then, as tempting as The Republic of Jaguar was, I haven't been there, so it would be unfair to vote for that based on other peoples reports.
    SO... Draaaaaaaaaaaawda, gets the nuke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Took this one seriously and gave a bit of thought to criteria;

Full of scobies - check!
    Annoying culchie accents - check!
    Over supply of fast food restaurents - check!
    Major Pikey halting site - check!
    "Drapery" shops in main street - check!
    Over 10 on the sh1thole register - CHECK !

So it's Gorey......bye bye scobietown.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

shane86 wrote: »
    Am I alone in voting Galway? An overrated permanently wet windy tourist trap whos only purpose is to bleed out of towners of their dosh and to con European tourists into believing it is some sort of alternative bohemian cultural mecca full of artists, street performers, musicians and general beardy hipster troubadours who go where the winds take them. Cromwell was right, Id sooner go to hell.

And how many Supermacs does the town and area around have? I wouldnt be surprised to see one poking out the back of someones back garden.

And tbh the weather during a Galway nuclear winter is bound to be better than that during a normal Galway summer.

Couldn't agree more. Galway people are sneaky bastids too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

for me, caven or ballybofey, havn't found any of them very exciting

just out of interest OP, how did you come up with the list of potential towns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Leixlip!

Nobody living in Kildare has an excuse for having a skanger accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

kowloon wrote: »
    Where do you hai from? I find you can't truly hate the place until you've lived there.

i've friends who lived in Balbriggan until it turned into a ghetto. Its a ****hole, sorry you come from there :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Kiera wrote: »
    i've friends who lived in Balbriggan until it turned into a ghetto. Its a ****hole, sorry you come from there :o

It's okay, I escaped on one of the last helicopters before they sealed it off to contain the infection. ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Weidii wrote: »
    Leixlip!

Nobody living in Kildare has an excuse for having a skanger accent.

I lived in Maynooth for 4 years and only ventured out in Leixlip once....and decided not to go back. The O-Zone....now that was an experience :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Does the Midlands count as a town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Dudess wrote: »
    Mitchelstown

Ah don't, I've to go to a debs there next month! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

easy one...got to be Cork...no Dublin....no...yea Dublin....no wait...Cork...f*ck it.....can I borrow a nuke off someone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

it would have to be athy - or castledermot. it is a blot on the road to civilization with a bad road surface and constant road works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Bray and Greystones in one swoop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

dfx- wrote: »
    Does the Midlands count as a town?

You could start with The Midlands Gateway Chamber, seeing as they're doing such an unreal job.

Oh and wtf? Portarlington made a poll???
    I'll take a screen shot and e-mail the Laois Express in the morning. It'll probably make front page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

There is nothing more I'd love to do than level the oversized midden that is Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Why the hell isn't Moate in there. I know that it's been bypassed, but for chrissake, I don't think my hatred for the place will ever abate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Oh, and OP..

You asked in the original question "if you had to nuke..."

Maybe it should have been If you could nuke...

Or maybe thats just me being nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I totally agree with all the negative comments about Galway..I was there three weeks ago and TBH galway people are quite arrogant..

Today I'm in Tralee and a wee Greenfield site wouldn't go a miss.. Tuam could also do with a bit of a clearance job..

But If it is only one nuc that I have then KESH In Co Fermanagh, Had you gone through it three weeks ago you would know what I mean..and also the main street is very narrow and yer Fooked if they park their cars on both sides of the road..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Gorey. . . . . .

Kilbarrack or Ballymun

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

mayordenis wrote: »
    Gorey. . . . . .
    What you wanna Bloe Gorey for Hey!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

connundrum wrote: »
    You could start with The Midlands Gateway Chamber, seeing as they're doing such an unreal job.
    Using the three main factors of influence on where to work, live and play that is, Enterprise, Infrastructure and Quality of Life we want to improve the offer on each to a point where the Midlands Gateway gets its fair share, or better still, more than its fair share of people making the decision to locate in the Midlands.

As the designated Capital of the Gateway, the three towns of Athlone, Tullamore and Mullingar can correctly pool their resources to lift the entire region. In each of the main areas we highlight the issues we believe can deliver the goals for the Midlands Gateway in short, medium and long term to increase its attractiveness on the local and global market.

*shudders*

I'm for nuking the place NOW before they go any further:eek:

Then Dundalk, btw

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

I'd have said Drogheda when I was living there but, 2 years after escaping, I don't mind the odd visit there. So, it's got to be Dublin. No idea why it's so popular with tourists. There's not really that much there tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Good for you that you haven't put Galway in the list.. Nukes are always turning into Limerick over there.. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

glad to see nobody has voted for kilkenny!

Advertisement