Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you had to nuke an Irish town ...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Looks like the heroin junkies are running away with this poll :D
    :D

Anywhere in Limerick
    13.02%

Hmm...they're only on 13.2% the way I'm looking at it :pac:

For those of you who think everyone on Dublin is on drugs, I suppose that boat full of cocaine that capsized in Howth last year is all the proof you need...oh wait, that was Munster too.

Culchies come up here to do their shopping/watch their 'lads' play stickfight in our stadiums and then vanish back into the green country. If they hate it so much, stay at home and let Biddy come up to play Winning Streak on her own.

Culchies came here, "Took ar' jaaaabs"- moved into our suburbs and decided they could fly their strange flags out of their windows every summer....and then criticize us for giving them employment/a reason to live/whatever else :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I heard Tipperary town is pretty awful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Hmm...they're only on 13.2% the way I'm looking at it :pac:

For those of you who think everyone on Dublin is on drugs, I suppose that boat full of cocaine that capsized in Howth last year is all the proof you need...oh wait, that was Munster too.

Culchies come up here to do their shopping/watch their 'lads' play stickfight in our stadiums and then vanish back into the green country. If they hate it so much, stay at home and let Biddy come up to play Winning Streak on her own.

Culchies came here, "Took ar' jaaaabs"- moved into our suburbs and decided they could fly their strange flags out of their windows every summer....and then criticize us for giving them employment/a reason to live/whatever else :rolleyes:
    I totally agree with you here. And that inferiority complex is as strong as ever.:rolleyes:

By the way, my pick is Limerick. One of the worst hellholes on Planet Earth. full of muck savages shooting and stabbing each other.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭abitlonely

el diablo wrote: »
    I totally agree with you here. And that inferiority complex is as strong as ever.:rolleyes:

Which inferiority complex is that?

Btw PrivateEye, Croke Park is the headquarters of the association of
    our national games, and not Dublin's home ground.
    I am unfortunate in that the only jobs I am qualified to do nearby are in Dublin so
    necessity dictates I spend a lot of time there. But live in Dublin - never.
    PrivateEye wrote: »
    Culchies came here... bla bla bla ...and then criticize (sic) us for giving them employment/a reason to live/whatever else

What's this? How many culchies you employ criticise you for it?

All the same, i do hate them Limerick shower, especially the ones from
    Crumlin, Drimnagh, Coolock, Tallaght, Finglas, Clondalkin...

Been outside dublin recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

cavan ,there's nothing there and they do ****all exept dig pot holes:D
    what a contribution to society

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

even though i live in lemerick most of the time...nuke it....its a risk im willing to take

abitlonely wrote: »

All the same, i do hate them Limerick shower, especially the ones from
    Crumlin, Drimnagh, Coolock, Tallaght, Finglas, Clondalkin...

Been outside dublin recently?

what are you waffling on about now? "them Limerick shower..from Crumlin, Drimnagh, Coolock, Tallaght, Finglas, Clondalkin? what the hell is that all about? :confused::confused:

None of these places you mention can compare to Limerick.

and yes I've been outside Dublin many times so I'm speaking from first hand experience here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

what are you waffling on about now? "them Limerick shower..from Crumlin, Drimnagh, Coolock, Tallaght, Finglas, Clondalkin? what the hell is that all about? :confused::confused:

and yes I've been outside Dublin many times so I'm speaking from first hand experience here.

Are you bloody back again? 666 posts is right. Shouldnt u use this new devil power to firestorm limerick? Or else shut the hell up about it and do us all a favour. Christ when the bomb drops on Dublin I hope it drops on your lap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭abitlonely

I'm just saying that the news these days seems to be full of unfortunate
    incidents in these areas, which are presumably untypical and unfairly
    tarnishing Dublin's fine reputation. Are there any areas outside of Dublin you wouldn't nuke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

any town in what we call the midlands , never met anyone from there who i liked , there all biffo,s and they all talk like tinkers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

even though i live in lemerick most of the time...nuke it....its a risk im willing to take

Sure?

The party before the Nukey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Fcuk ya anyway IvaBigWun. You've only gone and put that horrid song into Pigheads head again.

Everytime you bump one of your threads that Ini Kamoze song "Here comes the hotstepper" pops into Pigheads mind. The words are changed slightly to "Here comes the thread bumper" but the annoying tune always stays the same. Thanks for nothing.

Hit it
    Nah, na na na nah, na na na nah, na na nah, na na nah, na na na nah

Here comes the threadbumper, murderer
    he's the digger of his own threads, murderer,
    excuse me mr officer, murderer
    stop him bumping those threads, murderer.

Anyway, still Athlone for Pighead.

Pighead wrote: »
    Fcuk ya anyway IvaBigWun. You've only gone and put that horrid song into Pigheads head again.

Replying to your own threads isnt bumping Mr Piggy.

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Oh yeah? Well piggypedia tells it differently sunshine.

To bump a thread on an Internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads. Bump stands for "Bring Up My Post".

Only heartfelt apologies will be accepted.

Oh yeah? Well piggypedia tells it differently sunshine.

Thats only if you reply to your own threads Mr Pig. One takes part in many various other threads in various fora.

No apology forthcoming ;)

It is.
    Thats only if you reply to your own threads Mr Pig. One takes part in many various other threads in various fora.
    You did reply to your own thread ya big ninny! Is this not your thread?

It is.

You did reply to your own thread ya big ninny! Is this not your thread?

I know! But one doesnt just reply to his own threads!11!!

Make love not war Piggy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Definitely Athy. It's a høle of a place

Firetrap wrote: »
    Definitely Athy. It's a høle of a place
    Pigheads never been to the place but just googled "Athy swimming pool" and this image came up.
    http://www.purcellconstruction.ie/photos/07-ATHY-1.jpg

Would tend to throw weight behind your statement Firetrap. Good call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭madser

Wexford town, it's got to be the most depressing town in Ireland.....even on a nice day it's dull and dingy......pity cause the rest of the county seems ok...just not the town

I like Wexford town:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Agree with Athy, a truly horrible excuse for a town. Deserves to top that poll.
    As for those not on the poll, ive been in Longford a couple of times & don't like the place at all. Seems depressing and nothing much happening.

Pigheads never been to the place but just googled "Athy swimming pool" and this image came up.
    http://www.purcellconstruction.ie/photos/07-ATHY-1.jpg

Would tend to throw weight behind your statement Firetrap. Good call.

:pac:

(Im replying and laughing at a post you made in a thread I started, this ok with you Piggy?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MouthPiece

Why not get a big enough nuke and blow all ireland to bits. Most irish towns are ****holes, full of stinking drunks (and thats just the women).

Horrible places. Rotten to the core. Yuck.

MouthPiece wrote: »
    Why not get a big enough nuke and blow all ireland to bits. Most irish towns are ****holes, full of stinking drunks (and thats just the women).

Horrible places. Rotten to the core. Yuck.

Wouldnt we all be full of holes then and suffering a bit from nuclear fallout-itis?

(A new user called MouthPiece eh? This should be fun)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

(A new user called MouthPiece eh? This should be fun)

Not for you, sure don't you have a big one!?

janeybabe wrote: »
    Not for you, sure don't you have a big one!?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pinder

i picked tuam,its a very.......bohemian place.any town in mayo:terrible terrible county;god awful accents(same reason id go for cork);everybody looks like theyv just been working on a farm but you just know the yearly wash hasnt come round yet.and anyone who said galway doesnt enjoy havin the craic at all do they.spanish arch on a summers day with a bottle a bucky and a sixer a bav is reason enough not to nuke it.dont mind dublin,nice place to visit,wouldnt live there.why does everything cost so much more there.and sligo?will ya get out a that,youd be shot before your finger hit the button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Dungarvan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Borris-in-Ossory

Empty, souless place hated by everyone who has ever taken Bus Eireann on the Limerick ->Dublin route

They even sell advertise houses as within commuting distance of Limerick and Dublin
    Train station is nearby but that's madness

• Advertisement

most places outside of Dublin are absolute hell-holes especially Cork and Limerick. I'd rather live in Pakistan than either of those dumps..:)

Advertisement