Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit where credit is due

Options
  • 23-07-2008 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭

Had a problem with the landline at home, yesterday we discovered that we could make calls but not receive them, the caller would hear the normal ringing tones their end but the phone our end wouldn't ring so they would be unaware of any problem.

After a little investigation we called our phone company, we are currently with Talk Talk but are in the process of switching to Smart. Smart told us that our change-over would be happening on 1st August as we found out when we rang and asked if they were working on the line.

So we rang TT and went thru the usual "Is your ring tone on handset turned up" questions, having exhausted them they agreed that there was an issue with the line and logged it with eircom*. Less than 2 hours later there was a knock on the door, an eircom engineer coming to check our line, who also agreed that the problem wasn't our end so he took a mobile number from us and went back to the exchange to see what was up their end. Low and behold less than 30 mins later he was on to ask if we were changing to smart and that it was most likely due to the changeover going thru that the problem had arisen. Another 30 mins goes by when in comes a text from Smart saying the change was complete and welcome to the network, so we tried the landline and hey presto it was now working! Less than 4 hours from call to Talk Talk to problem fixed, must be a record seeing as it involved three phone companies, yet not one tried to blame the other.

Anyhow just thought I'd let people know my experience.

MC

* Not a fan of €ircon at all but they got the job done today which shows you they are not all pencil pushers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dubnat

wow! how very strange. although eircom wholesale guys are pretty good most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Did you get the engineers name?

Maybe it would be possible to get in contact with his manager and give good feedback! Good engineers should be rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Will try to remember but it went so fast that I'm still spinning from the swiftness of it. Anyhow Thanks Mr Engineer

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

the majority of the Eircom engineers are sound, well the ones i've come across anyway

Advertisement