Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

image of molloy lifting the sam maguire

• 23-07-2008 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Have been searching the net looking for a photo of anthony molloy lifting the sam maguire but have had no success at all. Have a few photos I took myself at the game but did not get that one. Does anybody know a site where I can get this image, thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I googled a few combinations of "Molloy/Sam Maguire/All Ireland/1992" but couldnt come up with anything.

The only other thing that I can think of is either contact the local papers or Croke Park itself to see what photos they would have in their archives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

muffler wrote: »
    I googled a few combinations of "Molloy/Sam Maguire/All Ireland/1992" but couldnt come up with anything.

The only other thing that I can think of is either contact the local papers or Croke Park itself to see what photos they would have in their archives.

Same as that, googled,used yahoo and a few more and got nothing. Have all the local papers from then up in the attic somewhere, might be able to scan one of their pictures hopefully, otherwise will give somebody a ring about it, thanks for the help anyhow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

He came to our school after the game. I was only wee, and I think that I have a two pictures back home, one of him holding up the cup (in a suit a think!) and the other is me sitting in the cup! :)

I know this isn't what you're looking for but ah the memories, I watched the game in the orchard inn in Letterkenny, only I could hardly see it cus everyone was standing! What a day! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No photo's but found this:

http://www.anfearrua.com/story.asp?id=1261
    On a historic Sunday in September 1992, Anthony Molloy - captain of the Donegal senior football team - lifted the Sam Maguire cup. His team had just defeated Dublin and - in his acceptance speech - the big Ardara man gave us one of the better post-All Ireland quotes when he declared: 'Sam's for the hills!'
    This book is a treat for anyone interested in Gaelic football. It's not just for Donegal fans. It looks and handles well: a fantastic cover, great design and layout, an abundance of interesting photographs, good quality paper and an attractive type face.

Beanstalk wrote: »
    He came to our school after the game. I was only wee, and I think that I have a two pictures back home, one of him holding up the cup (in a suit a think!) and the other is me sitting in the cup! :)

I know this isn't what you're looking for but ah the memories, I watched the game in the orchard inn in Letterkenny, only I could hardly see it cus everyone was standing! What a day! :)

Ye, have a few myself too, one of the wife(then girlfriend) and Molloy holding Sam and have 1 of me with Sam upside down on my head like a helmet:o

Hopefully some day it will happen again, heres 2 of my photos;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

shiibata wrote: »
    Have been searching the net looking for a photo of anthony molloy lifting the sam maguire but have had no success at all. Have a few photos I took myself at the game but did not get that one. Does anybody know a site where I can get this image, thanks..
    You're just looking to post on that GAA images thread aren't you? :D

smashey wrote: »

good idea, ah sure, will have one for them, come the 3rd sunday in september, no harm in dreaming suppose:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

No but you might like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn6JA0But68

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

If you gate in touch with the democrat they may have it on file..(in a filing cabinet:) )

Or there is a company at www.sportsfile.com

Maybe they can help..

I could probably lock this till next year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Mehh

Miss Fluff wrote: »

Ah jaysus that brings back some memories

Miss Fluff wrote: »

Brill, watching that again... just wish it was a more frequent occurence:(

:o:oAfter all the searching, cleaning out an attic on monday and what do I come across but a bank of ireland poster with the 92 team on it and a few pictures sorrounding the team photo, one being of Molloy lifting sam.
    smashey wrote: »

and yes, its up on GAA images now too:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Powerful. Just look at them shorts. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Did You Know..
    That When Molloy went up and to collect the cup, He was Standing beside Mary Robinson and he turned to her and said "Jesus Mary that was tough!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

:D:D:D

Must have been the steps up he was talking about as it wasnt the Dubs anyhow ;)

LoanShark wrote: »
    Did You Know..
    That When Molloy went up and to collect the cup, He was Standing beside Mary Robinson and he turned to her and said "Jesus Mary that was tough!"

lets hope the Donegal captain gets to say the exact same words next year to Mrs McAleese:p

muffler wrote: »
    Must have been the steps up he was talking about as it wasnt the Dubs anyhow ;)

:D very good :D ye should have posted it dublin section by mistake:p

shiibata wrote: »
    :D very good :D ye should have posted it dublin section by mistake:p
    Christ I want to live for another while :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Here's a pic of my ticket on the day.

AllIreland1992.jpg

Advertisement