Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptopsdirect.ie - Reliable?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Exactly as the title suggests, are laptopsdirect.ie a reliable company.

I have read a few (lot) of negative comments on them, but they were old posts so I am making this post to see if they have got their act together scince?

So anyone who has had dealings please tell if it was good or bad.
    I am thinking of buying an Acer Aspire 6920G laptop from them, they seem to be the cheapest place to buy anywhere so this is why I am attracted to buying from them.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I bought a laptop for my cousin from them, i hadn't any problems while buying and he hasn't had any issues with it.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭patzer117

i had a bad experience with them, but I know a few people who've had fine experiences. I bought an acer laptop which was Damaged on Arrival, and they did nothing to fix it, kept telling me to contact acer, which was a huge pain in the ass... later on when the laptop broke entirely I got the same response, that it wasn't their problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

patzer117 wrote: »
    i had a bad experience with them, but I know a few people who've had fine experiences. I bought an acer laptop which was Damaged on Arrival, and they did nothing to fix it, kept telling me to contact acer, which was a huge pain in the ass... later on when the laptop broke entirely I got the same response, that it wasn't their problem...

That's pretty much the same story I've heard about them from several places. Seems that if it works, you laughing, but if you have a problem, you're on your own. Personally, I wouldn't touch them for this reason alone. Sure it's cheap, but how cheap is it when you end up throwing the laptop in the bin?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

jor el wrote: »
    if you have a problem, you're on your own.

Which is illegal, the merchant must supply merchantable goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭timbel

I bought a Dell laptop off them last year - quick delivery and no problems with it (so far).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

patzer117 wrote: »

Which is the exact same as Apple products, every retailer will tell you to contact the manufacturer as the retailer can't 'fix' anything. They are not trained to repair products.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

craichoe wrote: »
    Which is the exact same as Apple products, every retailer will tell you to contact the manufacturer as the retailer can't 'fix' anything. They are not trained to repair products.

They will normally act as a conduit between the customer and the manufacturer, and the customer has statutory rights which can not be extinguished by pawning them off on the manufacturer regardless.......

Advertisement