Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Civic would you have - diesel or hybrid?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

I'd have the diesel, for the reasons quoted below.
    E92 wrote: »
    We know diesels actually live up to their mpg expectations, while the oil burner's 135 bhp and 0-100 in 8.6 seconds easily beats the hybrid's 115 bhp and leisurely 0-100 in 11.5 seconds.

I also much prefer the look of the hatchback to the saloon, and the diesel has a manual gearbox over the hybrid's CVT box, meaning it would be much more involving to drive too. The saloon is designed for the Japanese/US market, while the hatchback was designed for Europe.

But which would you have, and why?

Which Civic would you have? 18 votes

Diesel
    0%
    Hybrid
    100%
    StephenchewbJHMEGDJ HafezCionádcashmni1ninty9ercolm_mcmRowley Birkin QCpburnsVelocitees_carnageE92.Longshanks.CharlieCrokerMr BenevolentcharlesDdizzydiesel 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hybrid
    I'd have the diesel, cos I don't like the alloys on the hyrbid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

The alloys on the hybrid are rotten.
    The non hybrid saloon has normal alloys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Hybrid
    The hybrids aren't good enough yet. Give 'em another five or ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Hybrid
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd have the diesel, cos I don't like the alloys on the hyrbid

+1

It's like someone sprayed a dinner plate silver only uglier!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

The diesel, if looked after reasonably, will go forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I picked the hybrid - because its suits my type of driving. I drive mainly in the city where there's a lot of stop / start situations.

But yes, I agree the alloys are yuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Hybrid
    Diesel for me too but not because of the alloy wheels. Thats a lame excuse not to buy a car. Change the alloys, if you want the Hybrid.
    I just prefer the driving style of a Diesel and think that the Hybrid is not developed well enough yet. Still a rather newish design with no real proven longivity.
    Also performance figures are better in the diesel and resuidals will be better too, IMHO.

Advertisement