Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys router died?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I have a Linksys Wireless G Broadband router (WRT54GS). My wireless was working fine until one day it just stops working. I have NTL broadband leading into the router. When I plug the ethernet cable from the NTL box straight into my computer (like I'm doing now) I get internet. The link LED flashes on the NTL box to show there is a connection. When I plug my ethernet cable into the router the LED on the NTL box showing it is linked does not flash. I can't get any internet or network whatsoever.

Is there anything I can check or just bring it back to the shop? The router is only a month old. The lights on the front (ethernet ports + internet) stay illuminated but don't flash. The power LED doesn't light up at all even though it's plugged in. I've tried unplug it for a night but same problem in the morning. Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Quickest solution is just bring it back and get them to replace it. Less hastle. Sounds like it has died alright, do you have a voltage meter that you could check the power supply with? Long story short return to shop and get a replacement, easier in the end than trying to fix it.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

+1 on claiming warranty. the more you try to fix it could hamper your claim with the shop.

my wrt54g wen't wonky for a while. you name it, i tried it. after a while, it came back to life.

on the whole, linksys is v good kit and 1 month is a bit much for it to break down...but sh1t does happen.

you could of course try a hard reset. power off-> reset button in for, say, 30secs along with the power being plugged in. worth a shot and not destructive to the warranty.

Advertisement