Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vespa PX200

• 23-07-2008 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a Vespa PX200 as a runabout and have a few questions.
    1. Can I ride it on a provisional? I've had a full car licence for twenty years but never held a bike licence.
    2. I'm a bit of a lardarse so I want the bigger engine to drag said lardarse around. Is the suspension uprateable?
    3. Is uprateable even a word?
    4. Insurance? Where and how much (I'm 38 years old.)
    5. How much for a good 'un?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

You will be allowed to ride this on a learner permit as it is well under the 33bhp permitted limit, and also the pwer to weight ratio.
    Regarding insurance, only the insurance company can answer you. You don't have a big choice but you may as well try,

Carole Nash.
    Quinn Direct.
    Aon.
    Adelaide.

I know one or two of them won't quote you without a No Claims Bonus or a rider skill assessment.
    Your full car licence has no bearing of any kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Thanks for that. I'll start looking for a good one and possibly a junker to do up of an evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

1500 euro upwards for a good one, try and get a 1998+ model for a disk brake as standard on the front as opposed to oldskool hub brakes. Italian Piaggio has a slightly higher resale value than indian LML clones so look out for that, nowt wrong with lmls though, some features are even ever so slightly better than piaggio build quality.

yes the suspension is upgradeable, anything from 50 to 400 euro for custom french shocks or gas operated pro shocks. Have a look at www.sip.de to get a idea of tons of accessories available. safe scooting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Thanks again.

Advertisement