Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a window supplier, please

• 23-07-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to replace our living room / patio door.

The current one is a rather rickety, drafty old thing and needs replacing.

what I'm looking for is the following:

Double door, fully glazed, energy retaining double glazing, two outward opening wings,no middle post, very good seal.

It should have a proper profiled sill for sealing purposes that shouldn't be too high as you'd be walking in and out there. The currrent "sill" is an Exitex strip and that's just not good enough. Also 'd like it to have strong, good quality hinges and locking mechanisms and at least one half of it should tilt for ventilation purposes.
    A hardwood frame would be preferable but UPVC will do at a push.

Further windows around the house will need replacing at a later stage, so I'd likely to buy a design/make that's like to be around for another while and also has been proven to work for others

Advertisement