Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know who is supporting Blondie?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Heard a rumour ages back it was the Gossip? Just wondering, as realised the gig is tomorrow night..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

bump

I'd like to know too.

Heard a rumour ages back it was the Gossip? Just wondering, as realised the gig is tomorrow night..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

A Zimmer frame???

... I'll get my coat :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

JohnCleary wrote: »
    A Zimmer frame???

When I saw the thread title, that's what jumped into my head :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I heard on your favourite radio station LadyPennyworth this morning that it is The Gossip.
    But to double check, phone the Arts Festival box office.

A Zimmer frame???

pmsl

Class!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Apparently it's some band from Tuam called Withour George..on the phone, I said "From Tuam?!" in such a startled voice that the girl on the other end laughed an said "apparently theyre not THAT bad"

Gossip wouldve have been class, GBFM wrong again, eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

If i'd paid for that concert i'd want my money back. I thought the finish was half time, stayed around supping my cheeky bottle waiting for the 2nd half, and was told that it was over :eek:

Seriously? they came on stage exactly at 9.15 and kept going till 10.50..didnt think that was bad to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

DeadSkin wrote: »
    When I saw the thread title, that's what jumped into my head :D

Likewise:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Seriously? they came on stage exactly at 9.15 and kept going till 10.50..didnt think that was bad to be honest!

15-20 odd songs seems perfectly fine to me, John Cleary lay off the Buckie :D

If i'd paid for that concert i'd want my money back. I thought the finish was half time, stayed around supping my cheeky bottle waiting for the 2nd half, and was told that it was over :eek:

Really?
    Despite the fact the bar had closed at half 10 and Debbie had thanked the crowd and they all left briefly then came back for an encore, played Maria then left again and the house lights came on full?
    Hmmm!!

cL0h wrote: »
    ..Debbie had thanked the crowd and they all left briefly then came back for an encore, played Maria then left again and the house lights came on full?
    Hmmm!!

Was the encore not 'Atomic', 'Tide is High' and the Stones 'Get off my Cloud'?!..then the houselights came on?

padi89 wrote: »
    15-20 odd songs seems perfectly fine to me, John Cleary lay off the Buckie :D

I think i'll take your advise, going on the replies above :eek:

I obviously wasn't paying enough attention

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I think i'll take your advise, going on the replies above :eek:

I obviously wasn't paying enough attention

John, were you in the karaoke tent again?? :p

Zzippy wrote: »
    John, were you in the karaoke tent again?? :p

LOL thankfully never went in - oh the shame!! :o

Blondie singstar. tell us the truth now!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

just as a matter of curiosity, what was the sound like at the gig?.. Have been doing a few late evenings in and around the tent the last few evenings and it didn't sound great for any of the three nights!?

hada wrote: »
    just as a matter of curiosity, what was the sound like at the gig?.. Have been doing a few late evenings in and around the tent the last few evenings and it didn't sound great for any of the three nights!?

If Im honest I thought it was a bit iffy esp vocal wise at the start, but it def picked up after the first song or two and thought it was much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 skehana

Got a space about four from the front and we all could see her stop, take a breath and miraculously keep singing while fiddling with her radio mike. Oh, and I waited all fukn night for her to sing Denis Denis!
    But she was brill considering she's the same age as my mom and my dad. Stop moaning JC, she was a hot rockchick. Bet you'd like to take her to sea on a cold night!

• Advertisement

skehana wrote: »
    Got a space about four from the front and we all could see her stop, take a breath and miraculously keep singing while fiddling with her radio mike. Oh, and I waited all fukn night for her to sing Denis Denis!
    But she was brill considering she's the same age as my mom and my dad. Stop moaning JC, she was a hot rockchick. Bet you'd like to take her to sea on a cold night!

It's an internet forum, what else do you expect me to do?! :pac:

Lip syncing? i was quite far back.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

lip synching and the sound was quite bad?.. hmmm... well done galway arts festival!..

but I suppose the woman is in her 60's, so it could be expected that her voice isn't as potent as it used to be.

oh and with reference to skehana/jc, I would definitely take her for a dance..... Albeit a very slow one!

Advertisement