Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 mobile problems

Options
  • 23-07-2008 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Right im a complete ignoramus when it comes to techy issues but im having big problems with 02 mobile broadband. I got it a few months ago and its been fine up until recently. Well fine once i got used to the frequent disconnections. However for the last week it has slowed down to a snails pace...speed is 236.8 kbps but it has always been this but used to be so much faster. Any suggestions?? im in Co Mayo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

which modem are you using? are you aware of a fix for the disconnections issue with the E270 modems? have you used the o2 forums lots of answers can be found there in the broadband section.

you may be experiencing contention now due to more people using o2 in your area since the price was reduced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

What modem do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Yep its a model E270. Was taking to mate tonight in the pub who bought around the same time as me and is experiencing the same probs as me for the last few weeeks. T

This lad used work for intel and knows his stuff and he reckons its cos so many were sold in our town recently and the local transmitter cant cope. A local pc/mobile phone chain had about 6 local lads working for them and they were signing people up to buy these modems left, right and centre so looks like i was conned?? Apologies for lack of techy knowledge but can i cancel my conytract i wonder??

Appreciate the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i suggest you contact o2 customer care or through the o2 forum onn the o2 website
    http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3
    and ask if they have any works ongoing or planned in your area. if they have they will tell you!

Advertisement