Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 new toll charges

Options
  • 23-07-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I know theres no such thing as a bargain with the M50 ! but :

Who is the best company to go for with the new E tolling , I gather there are a few diff companies in operation.

I use the M50 max once a week and I presume would be better off avoiding a company that has a high annual/monthly fixed charge

Thanks Folks

BTW I'm a car driver

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,443 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The best option will vary depending on usage. Do a search of the Motors and Commuting & Transport forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Something like easypass, its €1.27 (was 1 pound) for the admin charge once a month. The tag is supplied, not FREE as the companies advertise! But having it gets you the normal toll price of €2 on west link, instead of €2.50. It can also be used in any toll nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

There's a new option run by the guys who own the quick park carpark out at the airport. You don't pay any monthly fee but they charge you a surcharge of 10% on the rate of the cheapest toll available.

Consequently you have 4 options:

1) Get a tag from etoll/etag/easypass etc. They may or may not charge you for the tag itself (up to €30) depending on the company. They will charge you a monthly administration fee of around €1 to €1.50 but you will only pay €2 per crossing.

2) Register your number plate with etoll and forget tags. You will pay €2.50 per crossing.

3) Do nothing - you will have to pay withing 24 hours of crossing and will pay €3 per crossing.

4) Get the tag from quickpark and you will get a free tag with no administration fee but pay €2.20 per crossing.

Option 4 suits our needs best as we very seldom use the bridge but it is cheaper than registering your number plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Say if you dont pay the toll within 24 hours and totally forget about it. What happens then.

1ST PENALTY NOTICE (14 days to pay) +€3
    2ND PENALTY NOTICE (56 days to pay) +€40
    FINAL PENALTY NOTICE +€100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

johnfás wrote: »
    There's a new option run by the guys who own the quick park carpark out at the airport. You don't pay any monthly fee but they charge you a surcharge of 10% on the rate of the cheapest toll available.

Consequently you have 4 options:

1) Get a tag from etoll/etag/easypass etc. They may or may not charge you for the tag itself (up to €30) depending on the company. They will charge you a monthly administration fee of around €1 to €1.50 but you will only pay €2 per crossing.

2) Register your number plate with etoll and forget tags. You will pay €2.50 per crossing.

3) Do nothing - you will have to pay withing 24 hours of crossing and will pay €3 per crossing.

4) Get the tag from quickpark and you will get a free tag with no administration fee but pay €2.20 per crossing.

Option 4 suits our needs best as we very seldom use the bridge but it is cheaper than registering your number plate.

any online links for the quickpark option? (just found it at http://www.tolltag.ie/)

Thanks
    W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hilaryb

If i went to the hassle of getting a tag, i definitely would not use Tolltag. Why pay 2.20 per trip when all other tags are 2 euro per trip. im a light user so i will pay the 3 euro on-line or go get an e-trip which i can also use for parking in dublin.

e-trip is the only way to go, or just pay per trip unregistered. anything else is pants :D

hilaryb wrote: »
    If i went to the hassle of getting a tag, i definitely would not use Tolltag. Why pay 2.20 per trip when all other tags are 2 euro per trip. im a light user so i will pay the 3 euro on-line or go get an e-trip which i can also use for parking in dublin.

e-trip is the only way to go, or just pay per trip unregistered. anything else is pants :D

Because I am a light user too and despite not paying for a tag, I will pay 80c less than you each time I cross it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeresaL

On travelling through the M50 toll I saw an advt. for €2 tolling and I understood it as "togocompare.ie". This does not come up on web. Can anyone enlighten me. do I have the right address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I think the site you are refering to is http://tagcompare.ie/

the €2 toll charge is only if you have a tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

johnfás wrote: »
    any link to this option? when i go to etoll.ie it redirects to http://www.nra.ie/GeneralTollingInformation/InteroperabilityeToll/ which just lists all the tag providers!

any link to this option? when i go to etoll.ie it redirects to http://www.nra.ie/GeneralTollingInformation/InteroperabilityeToll/ which just lists all the tag providers!

https://csc.eflow.ie/newaccount/newaccount.aspx

Half way down, select a 'Video account'

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zolons

Would I be right in saying that if your using the M50 but not travelling between junctions 6 and 7 then the eFlow system doesnt apply to you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

zolons wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that if your using the M50 but not travelling between junctions 6 and 7 then the eFlow system doesnt apply to you??

yes , you are right.
    you only pay if you pass between junctions 6 and 7, the rest of the m50 is free

Advertisement