Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scott Takes over from Saunier Duval

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Found this article very interesting- apparently Roche (the pharmaceutical company) agreed with WADA to specifically tag CERA (this new EPO) with a detectable substance during manufacture. Apparently no-one knew this had been done (until now) and it was by detecting this substance that Ricco was caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

blorg wrote: »
    Found this article very interesting- apparently Roche (the pharmaceutical company) agreed with WADA to specifically tag CERA (this new EPO) with a detectable substance during manufacture. Apparently no-one knew this had been done (until now) and it was by detecting this substance that Ricco was caught.

Nice to see some pro-active action - good thinking in fairness....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I saw that one too Blorg, and think it was a genius move on the part of WADA -particularly in keeping it so quiet till now -it'll put the fear on anyone who wants to use the latest undetectable wonder drug, and I think that's what's needed -make the anxiety over getting caught greater than the performance boost and you've more or less won the battle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Saw that too. I wonder if they were able to test on the Giro but held off to nail someone on the TdF? Sounds unlikely but it's strange that they have the test now but not 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Now that people know there is something in there to trace it, I wonder how long before the doctors find something to mask it.

By the way Diarmuid, I saw your pictures in one of the other threads. You got some fantastic shots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement