Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schull and surroundings

Options
  • 23-07-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hi there! :-)

Thinking of going down for a few days, with the caravan, to Schull.

Could anyone tell me whether there is a campsite or a youth hostel in/near the village (and what it's like)?

Also, apart from wonderful landscapes, could someone tell me about interesting places to visit (old stones, parks, forests ...) around ?

Another completely different question ... I hear there is a Paco outlet somewhere in the Cork direction ... Could someone tell me where it is?

Thank you for your help.
    Kindest regards,
    ValerieR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Bump ! :-)

Thanks
    ValerieR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

There is a hostel on Colla Road, just a couple minutes walk form the village. Link here.
    I don't know if it's good or not though.
    With regards to things to do, alot is based around the the sea; sailing, fishing, rowing etc.
    You could also hike up Mount Gabriel.
    I think there's a Paco shop in Skibbereen, about 1/2 hour drive from Schull.

Have a good time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I passed a Paco outlet in Bandon on the way to Schull last week.

Don't forget to head to the beach - Barleycove is lovely.
    On the road out there's a few altar rocks and so on - just keep an eye out as you drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

@ Jimbo78,
    Thanks a mill for the information. I have gathered that, though Schull Backpackers' Lodge was really good, it is now closed :-(
    I hear the camping site in Ballydehob is good! I might just try this out.

@DeRanged,
    I might even get to stop in both Bandon and Clonakilty ... ;)

@ reic,
    Thanks for that. I will be sitting down with my map and get planning. I won't forget the walking shoes and the camera :)

Thanks and regards
    ValerieR

• Advertisement

Hi there,
    Just a little update - Had a lovely week in West Cork and the weather ... was fab contrarily to anywhere else in the country ! :-)
    The campsite in Ballydehob has also been closed a long time. The nearest campsite I could find is the Hide Away, in Skibereen.
    Very nice campsite, the facilities are very clean ! Well worth the visit.

Note : the Barley Cove campsite is apparently very nice too but they do not accept doggies :-(

Thanks and regards,
    ValerieR

Advertisement