Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored Cat?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

My cat Tina is a bit bored lately.

Before life was all so simple. If it was cold and wet she would come in and relax and then if it was fine she would go out and terrorise all the wildlife smaller than her - easy.

But now since we have had such a prolonged spell of mild weather she does not know whether she is coming or going.

The minute (well after a suitable feed) she is left in she wants to go out again and no sooner is she left out she wants to come back in. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

:D Thats kinda typical cat behaviour tbh!

You could get her a few toys for inside to keep her occupied. You don't need to spend anything on them - my guys' favourite toys would be cardboard boxes that they hide in and jump out at each other from. :D I turn the box on its side and drap an old scarf or something over the entrance and they go and sit in there and peep out looking all sneaky!

I also have an old strip of carpet I roll up into a tunnel and they try to crawl through. I have a wind up mouse I send up the carpet tunnel and they go crazy trying to catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My two are the same, especially my little boy. My solution, pour a glass of wine and sit out the back, in the sun, with them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

We have two cats .. with one of them, you only have to put a toy, or even just something as simple as a paper bag, a bit of string or a toilet roll anywhere near her and she'll start playing with it straight away. With the other one, you could sit in front of her for hours on end dangling the contents of an entire pet shop's toy department in front of her, and she'll just sit there staring at you wondering what the hell you're doing. They're both happy in their own peculiar little ways, so I just let them be.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Welcome to the Club. :)
    Both my cats are the very same ... in, out, in...
    I don't think it's boredom ... it's just that they know there is a softie in this house who is going to let them in to have a snooze, what they do best! :D
    I make sure they spend enough time out and about, especially in dry weather so that they're tired at night and sleep, like the rest of us ! :-)
    It's difficult to resist these little begging miaows through the patio door though ! :-)

ValerieR

Advertisement