Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentary about Trim....has it been done?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there have been any documentaries made about Trim in recent times? I am thinking about making at least one but don't want to venture into it if it has already been done. I have produced 2 documentaries about my hometown of Baldoyle in north east Dublin which sold about 1,000 copies and made a fair bit of money for local charities. I have a potential presenter/script writer/historian in Trim who would be available. The people of Trim seem to be very proud of their area and I feel a DVD or two about the history of the town would appeal to a large amount of people in Trim and surrounding areas such as Bective and out towards Kilmessan and Dunderry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭highdef

Hmmmm, I'm quite liking the lack of replies so far (I know its early days yet). Makes it seem more likely that a documentary on Trim has not been made before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 treefour

There hasn’t been anything recently. There is a lot of history in the Trim area. I like your idea and think it would be popular with both locals and tourists. Are any of your past docs on the net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kovski

I saw a good documentary about Trim a couple of years ago. It was called Fatal Deviation I think. It really captured the essence of the town; the martial arts tournament, the gangs, Londis, that type of thing.

I saw a good documentary about Trim a couple of years ago. It was called Fatal Deviation I think. It really captured the essence of the town; the martial arts tournament, the gangs, Londis, that type of thing.

And it only took till the 4th post! :pac:
    Next!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

don,t forget the "Nun Run".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

kovski wrote: »

The hero does not like bullies.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

The tourist office used to have an audio visual thingy called "The Power and the Glory". No idea what it was about. History, I imagine. Every few years there is a new book published in Trim containing photos from the old days and it sells well so I imagine a dvd would too. Trim is great for all that heritage/history stuff with the castle, the abbeys, Swift, Wellington etc. Good thinking.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I imagine it would be next spring before I'd start any filming. I'd probably get some stock footage of the junction of Market St and Emmet St before it's all changed with the new shopping centre and a few other places that are in the middle of changing.
    A lot is going on in Trim, a lot has happened and a lot has still to happen.
    I hope to document all of the above.
    I'm not a Trim resident at the moment but hope to be in the not so distant future. Trim really appeals to me. I'm a homebird from northeast Dublin and will always miss my hometown of Baldoyle but Trim has that perfect mix of modern v traditional & work v play and that really appeals to me. The people in Trim are nice folk :)

@highdef - PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

treefour wrote: »
    @highdef - PM Sent

+1

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone for their PM's. Well it looks like this project may become a reality in the not so distant future. A lot of work involved but I think it is quite doable. I'll update any new information here, if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Good to hear, keep us posted.
    It would appear you have at least 5 DVD sales from this thread alone! :)

Hi all. Just to let you all know that I'm hoping to get started on this project shortly. With summer rapidly approaching, it's almost time to get shooting.
    I need to get in touch with the town council when I get a chance.
    In the meantime, if anyone feels that they can contribute, please feel free to PM me. Any help would be appreciated.
    The two things I need to organise first are a presenter/narrator and the all important script. Without these, I'll be going nowhere!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

highdef wrote: »
    Hi all. Just to let you all know that I'm hoping to get started on this project shortly. With summer rapidly approaching, it's almost time to get shooting.
    I need to get in touch with the town council when I get a chance.
    In the meantime, if anyone feels that they can contribute, please feel free to PM me. Any help would be appreciated.
    The two things I need to organise first are a presenter/narrator and the all important script. Without these, I'll be going nowhere!
    :)

PM Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I imagine it would be next spring before I'd start any filming. I'd probably get some stock footage of the junction of Market St and Emmet St before it's all changed with the new shopping centre and a few other places that are in the middle of changing.
    A lot is going on in Trim, a lot has happened and a lot has still to happen.
    I hope to document all of the above.
    I'm not a Trim resident at the moment but hope to be in the not so distant future. Trim really appeals to me. I'm a homebird from northeast Dublin and will always miss my hometown of Baldoyle but Trim has that perfect mix of modern v traditional & work v play and that really appeals to me. The people in Trim are nice folk :)

?? What do you mean by this? No new shopping centre around here and not likely in the short, medium (or possibly even long) term.

dixiefly wrote: »
    ?? What do you mean by this? No new shopping centre around here and not likely in the short, medium (or possibly even long) term.

I was under the impression that the buildings at the west end of Market Street were being punched through to facilitate the new OPW offices/Shopping Centre. I could be completely wrong. I was told it would be happening by Trim locals so had no real reason to feel the information was incorrect.

What will be happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

This has been on the very long finger for quite a while and I reckon that it will not happen.Personally, I dont think it was a good idea for the anchor tenant to have been Super Valu as they have already got a thriving store inthe town. It is very hard to see them putting any pressure on the development being done but at the same time would have wanted to get ij ahead of any potential competition.

See also the link regarding the new town centre development
    http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/trim/articles/2009/04/15/38360-new-trim-town-centre-hopes-dashed/

P.S. I still think that any photos of the town are always a good idea and more should probably have been taken in recent years in advance of some of the other developments. So what you are planning is certainly good for the town.

Oh, that's a shame about the new town developments, dixiefly.

Hopefully, my video will be good as an historical video too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I need to get in touch with the town council when I get a chance.In the meantime, if anyone feels that they can contribute, please feel free to PM me. Any help would be appreciated.

You should look up another boards member called "valentia"

Not quite sure how you search for members on this, but it would be worth while finding him and dropping him a PM. He hangs out in the Photography section a lot.

Advertisement