Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5k for an empty bed for a month in a private nursing home scandelous.

Options
  • 23-07-2008 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

My ma suffered a stroke in January, she was moved up from Tralee General to a private nursing home in South Co Dublin. We had to wait a month to get a free room in this particular place. Recently she had notification to go to a hospital in the city, paid for by her insurance, the duration is four weeks for treatment and assessment of her condition. However we were told that if she left the nursing home in South Dublin for this assessment she could loose her place and would have to re apply. We had no option but to pay full whack of e5000 for an empty room while shes in hospital.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

The situation you describe is difficult and must be hard on your mother and family. However, i don't see how the Nursing Home in question could be expected to hold a bed for four weeks and not charge for doing so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

CtrlSource wrote: »
    However, i don't see how the Nursing Home in question could be expected to hold a bed for four weeks and not charge for doing so?
    Totally agree, these are businesses after all.

Advertisement