Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Viable as import?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a "company car". I'm working for me Da and I'm thinking about buying a car for work use that the company and myself might go halves on (if that makes sense).

I'll be doing a bit of mileage for the company and I'm not interested in ragging my 120k mile A6 into the ground just after I've spent a fortune on it's preservation. I want something ideally that's a) auto b) white c) estate- I'm not pushed about fuel (I think I'd prefer a proper petrol engine) I want to signwrite it in the company livery. I've been thinking about importing an '02> Accord direct from Japan http://www.tradecarview.com/stock/detail.aspx?sid=1282688.

What you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭who_am_I?

If it is a company car look at the tax implications first. BIK for user, Amortising the car over several years against tax for company, Reclaming Vat on Diesel for company.
    Based on what you said you need a diesel white van to abuse Mon to Fri and leave it at the work so that you dont get caught for BIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I was thinking there might be a way that I'd buy it and run it, insure it properly for work use etc and get paid mileage to recoup some or most of the expense???

I don't know what the options are really but it's more about having a cheap respectable signwritten vehicle for advertising and the weekly bumming around than glomming a free car of me Da...

I'd hope to spend around the 10k+ mark

Advertisement