Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate this bike...

Options
  • 24-07-2008 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

What's wrong with this bike? Granted, it's 2007, but why do you think it hasn't sold after being reduced twice? To me it looks very tempting!

I was thinking of getting a 2008 Stumpjumper FSA Expert/Elite/Comp, but then I saw that one. Lust is a terrible thing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

The "Weight 36.5 LBS" bit might have something to do with it. It won't climb well really but would be good for jumping off things with, if that's what you want to do. This bike doesn't really compare with the Stumpjumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭WhistlingDixie

Morgan wrote: »
    The "Weight 36.5 LBS" bit might have something to do with it. It won't climb well really but would be good for jumping off things with, if that's what you want to do. This bike doesn't really compare with the Stumpjumper.

Yeah, it's around 10 LBS heavier than a Stumpy, but I'm still surprised that it hasn't sold despite the price reductions. I wouldn't be adverse to taking it out to Ballinastoe or such like, although my mtb-ing knowledge is very much in the novice bracket. Looks like a right mentalist's bike to me though, and I'm sure you could make it lighter if you spent a few bob on it. (It's only £1250 = 1600 euro, a tempting bargain to me, but there has to be something wrong, apart from the weight).

Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

Yeah, it's around 10 LBS heavier than a Stumpy, but I'm still surprised that it hasn't sold despite the price reductions. I wouldn't be adverse to taking it out to Ballinastoe or such like, although my mtb-ing knowledge is very much in the novice bracket. Looks like a right mentalist's bike to me though, and I'm sure you could make it lighter if you spent a few bob on it. (It's only £1250 = 1600 euro, a tempting bargain to me, but there has to be something wrong, apart from the weight).

Thanks for the reply!

Iron Horse wouldn't be that well known outside of DH and Freeride circles that might be something to do with it. But they're a bomb proof bike, I know a few people with them...not this model granted, but the guys I know swear by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The small front ring says that it's set up as a freeride bike. No doubt you could use it for DH, but you'd want to stick a bigger ring on the front to get any serious speed up.

If you want to use it for general MTBing, you'll have to stick at least one more ring on the front.

Advertisement