Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XIII on PC

Options
  • 24-07-2008 12:58am
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

Slightly out of the blue but a welcome development none the less.
    FFXIII is PC bound. God the reasons for me buying a PS3 are rapidly dwindling.
    If Resident Evil 5 heads to the PC or maybe even the Wii I may abondon the PS3 altogether.

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=072308_6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I don't get it...

Where does he say its coming out on PC?

Tons of games are developed on PC first before being ported.

Thats all he says, thats its being built on PC.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah there seems to be some confussion over this. I think N4G and some Nvidia site made the claim but other sites like shack news have debunked this as confirmation and say it just confirms that its being developed on the PC (but I thought all game where developed on PC?). Although the developer saying "The content will be the same on all platforms" leads to believe it will be more than than just the 2 consoles otherwise he probably would of said "The content will be the same on both platforms/consoles".

Hopefully the developer or the sites that published this claim will clarify the situation some time soon. I see no reason why it should not be on the PC as its already working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Azza wrote: »
    Although the developer saying "The content will be the same on all platforms" leads to believe it will be more than than just the 2 consoles otherwise he probably would of said "The content will be the same on both platforms/consoles"

Well dont forget that English isn't his first language, I think this is just confusion that has been spread by n4g and nVidia by mistake.

Though it would be nice to see it on PC.

No doubt it will come about 6 months later if it is on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

surely every game on any console has been "developed on PC" cos they could hardly develop the game on the console itself. Just a shame "console exclusives" even exist at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

As expected some people just read too much into what square said.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/07/25/square-rubbishes-ffxiii-on-pc-claims/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

It is coming out on pc its was announced at E3 sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

RealistSpy wrote: »
    It is coming out on pc its was announced at E3 sure.

Try reading the post above yours, where someone from Square-Enix expressly says FFXIII is not coming to PC. It was not announced at E3, all he said was that it was being developed on PC, as all games in the known universe are, not for PC.

Advertisement