Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparks has lost the plot

Options
  • 24-07-2008 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

Sparks, a mod in the shooting forum has lost the plot. He has lost what little sense of humour he had.

References to his rifle being a 'pea shooter' have driven him over the edge :pac:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Uh-huh. And would you tell the nice ladies and gentlemen about the cause for your infraction this evening, BS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

i see a very good drama unfolding.... so whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you have 60 seconds before I send in Bombcat to nuke this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

20544_1.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Le corn du pop, sil vous plait.

• Advertisement

Rule one in the shooting forum is be civil. As in, that's the first rule in the charter. BS called another poster yellow for not wanting to go to the Emergency Services forum to take issue with Gardai posters there for not knowing firearms law inside and out (despite the fact that not all Gardai are required to know it, only Superintendents, and the fact that the law's so complex the Law Reform Commission just announced it's one of the first areas of legislation that's going to be Restated in their programme of work for 2008/9).
    So he got an infraction.
    And now we're here, 'cos, you know, I'm mean. And have no sense of humour. At three in the morning after a full day's work.
    I guess I'm just unreasonable that way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sparks wrote: »
    Uh-huh. And would you tell the nice ladies and gentlemen about the cause for your infraction this evening, BS?

Well, it was a usual nite on the shooting forum, few lads having a laugh.

Then the grumpy old Mod turns up and.....................

I slagged of a member of his pea shooting clique and next minute I'm the recieptant of an "infraction". Now he claims it was persoanl abuse :rolleyes:, which under the charter is a bannable offence. The injured party made no complaint apparently. Sparks feels it was abuse so therefore, that's it :rolleyes:

Can't show ye the posts as Sparks has deleted 'em. (will he post 'em here ?)

He "abused" me in a PM and has hurt my feelings over a previous incident we had on the forum .........................:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

SDooM wrote: »
    Le corn du pop, sil vous plait.

I'll share a Super Size if you like butter and salt?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

no sparks bunny didnt call you a peashooter .i did ,which you are in real life.you are a mod in a forum where you shouldnt be. when was was the last time time you fired a round?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

its only an infraction. its like a ban, divided by over nine thousand.

• Advertisement

patbundy wrote:
    why dont we go over to the emergency servicies post and have it it out with them.lets see what they know about firearms law
    Because that would be a really stupid idea?
    You can stay here and mind the women then, Yellow :D

Now me, if I break the first rule in a charter and the mod only infracts me when the charter says I ought to be banned, I'd imagine the right thing to do is to just shut up and get on with it. Complaining that the mod's unfair because he infracted you (when the rules say to kick your arse to the kerb for a week), well, that seems... daft I suppose.

My only defence is ..................... I added a :D at the end of the sentence. I didn't mean it as personal abuse, it was banter. IWM didn't complain apparently.

Would he like to give testimony ? (reckon the pea shooter reference will go against me now :o)

Where are the posts referring to going fueding ? they are needed for context

patbundy wrote: »
    no sparks bunny didnt call you a peashooter .i did ,which you are in real life.you are a mod in a forum where you shouldnt be. when was was the last time time you fired a round?
    That'd be right before this happened:
    dsc00550a.jpg

The replacement stock (cost, €500 in total) was posted from Belfast on monday, so it's due in tomorrow morning and by tomorrow evening your answer will be July 24th.

By the way pat, you were banned for similar reasons from the shooting forum tonight by another moderator. Are we all dry fecal matter? Is it a requirement for shooting forum moderators? Or is it possible that you and BS and thehair are constantly treating the forum like your own private TXT SPK chatroom at three in the morning and that we're getting sick of the resulting drop in the signal-to-noise ratio on a forum that the Department of Justice and the Gardai read on a daily basis?

and whats wrong with the first one sparks?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

orestes wrote: »
    I'll share a Super Size if you like butter and salt?
    /sigh

Move over, lads.

Did someone declare open season on Mods or what?

Feedback is buzzing to-day.

dsc00550a.jpg

The replacement stock (cost, €500 in total) was posted from Belfast on monday, so it's due in tomorrow morning and by tomorrow evening your answer will be July 24th.

By the way pat, you were banned for similar reasons from the shooting forum tonight by another moderator. Are we all dry fecal matter? Is it a requirement for shooting forum moderators? Or is it possible that you and BS and thehair are constantly treating the forum like your own private TXT SPK chatroom at three in the morning and that we're getting sick of the resulting drop in the signal-to-noise ratio on a forum that the Department of Justice and the Gardai read on a daily basis?

What's the stock to do with ?

He wasn't banned by IRL Connor another member of the Pea Shooter clique ?

Sorry Conor :o)

DOJ and Gardai, well it is a public forum ?

dsc00550a.jpg

no sparks i was banned by conor who must be closer to you than my wife is to to me. i know you mods can read private mails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Gentlemen please, you both have guns-surely there are cooler ways to settle this than starting a thread in feedback? :confused:

no sparks i was banned by conor who must be closer to you than my wife is to to me. i know you mods can read private mails

Here, here.

We reckon they are reading our PM's. Can a super Mod check this ? Is it allowed ?

Pat are we washing all our dirty laundry ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

/sigh

Move over, lads.

Did someone declare open season on Mods or what?

Feedback is buzzing to-day.

Rabbit-fire-1951-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Right about here is where it all started going horribly wrong for you I'm afraid

1) The stock is broken. They generally do not come in two bits like that, because it's hard to put the buttplate in your shoulder and have it stay there when it's not actually connected to the rest of the rifle. Broken stock = unusable rifle.

2) IRLConor shoots .22lr rifles. Same as yours bunny, he's just a lot better than you with them. (he's won national open matches with scores only a few points off the Irish international records).

3) If you think it's a wise idea to post daft twaddle on a public forum the Garda and DoJ are watching less than a fortnight after the Minister announced he'd be bringing in more legislation and tighter controls on firearms, less than a week from licence renewal time (especially when said twaddle is about how you think the Gardai are, for want of a more concise description, stupid poopy-heads); well, you go right ahead and do it. I'll delete the posts since the charter prohibits general muppetry like that and since there's about 200,000 other shooters out there who'd disagree with your proposal. And if I miss them, then the other three mods will catch them, as they have several times in the past fortnight, for the same reasons.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

He wasn't banned by IRL Connor another member of the Pea Shooter clique ?

Sorry Conor :o)

Yes, I banned him. I issued a warning first asking him to give the s*** he was spouting a rest. He then copied the entire page of his warning into a post on-thread so he got an infraction and a ban for it.

I thought you had a .22 too? Wouldn't that make you part of the pea shooter clique?

We reckon they are reading our PM's. Can a super Mod check this ? Is it allowed ?

Mods can't read your PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

61348518_dcde65ca21.jpg?v=0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Sparks you live in Greystones and have a gun?

I have a job for you.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Rabbit-fire-1951-2.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooooooooops :o

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Mods or even Smods cannot access PMs.

Guys, not impressing us with your ability to make a well-researched and well-considered argument here.

The fickle mob is already swaying behind the mods, unless you can pull a bullseye out of the hat awful fast ...

1) The stock is broken. They generally do not come in two bits like that, because it's hard to put the buttplate in your shoulder and have it stay there when it's not actually connected to the rest of the rifle. Broken stock = unusable rifle.

2) IRLConor shoots .22lr rifles. Same as yours bunny, he's just a lot better than you with them. (he's won national open matches with scores only a few points off the Irish international records).

3) If you think it's a wise idea to post daft twaddle on a public forum the Garda and DoJ are watching less than a fortnight after the Minister announced he'd be bringing in more legislation and tighter controls on firearms, less than a week from licence renewal time (especially when said twaddle is about how you think the Gardai are, for want of a more concise description, stupid poopy-heads); well, you go right ahead and do it. I'll delete the posts since the charter prohibits general muppetry like that and since there's about 200,000 other shooters out there who'd disagree with your proposal. And if I miss them, then the other three mods will catch them, as they have several times in the past fortnight, for the same reasons.

1) I sympatised over your bad luck. What you're going on about it here for is a good question :confused:

2) I have no doubt he's a good shot. Where did I claim he wasn't ? However, did I enter those comps ? Answer = No. So how can you claim he's better than me ? You don't know how good or bad I am :rolleyes:

3) The "Olympic" shooters will ensure the rest of us are sacrificed to save them :mad: Time a new LIST was submitted :P

• Advertisement

3) The "Olympic" shooters will ensure the rest of us are sacrificed to save them :mad: Time a new LIST was submitted :P

For the gallery:

This is a persistent innuendo that the ISSF/NTSA/"Olympic" shooters stabbed/stab/will stab the rest of the Irish shooting community in the back when talking to the Dept of Justice. Complete nonsense of course, since there's no way of doing that without hurting ourselves but the rumour continues since it's politically expedient for some people to keep spreading it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement