Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparks has lost the plot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

.... Wouldn't you be happier in another forum ... say BGRH or tCN?

Funny you should say that ;)

Sparks wrote: »
    Ah, now I see. Perhaps you should also post the quotes of your "It's better to do nothing and berate those who do otherwise if they don't achieve complete success" posts from the BCC thread? Or the ones where you took pot shots at the thread on the NARGC all-ireland clay shoots because your club didn't organise a team for you? Or maybe you should just post the five PMs that came before that one you just quoted, and the times they were sent...

As I said Sparks, NO HONOUR......................:(

Feel free to post them

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

High jinx and a bit of banter :(

As randylonghorn said, that kind of stuff is better off in BGRH or tCN.

IRLConor wrote: »
    As randylonghorn said, that kind of stuff is better off in BGRH or tCN.

Point taken...................a gesture was made and refused, poor show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

High jinx and a bit of banter :(
    Neither of which is what the shooting forum is for. It's certainly not for the three of you to use as a private internet txt spk chatroom at three in the morning like you've been doing, nor is it a place for you to come to take pot shots at people who actually do something or at the very lease, try things, nor to sling mud at other groups even when all parties involved on both "sides" have told you you've been lied to.

• Advertisement

As I said Sparks, NO HONOUR......................:(

Sparks, you'll never get into Dudess' group now! :(

A man with no honour, is not a man :(

Sparks, you'll never get into Dudess' group now! :(
    Damn! But I would make... no, never mind...

A man with no honour, is not a man :(
    /me shakes head.

common-sense-superpower.jpg

Why is Pat Bundy locked out of feedback ?

• Advertisement

/me shakes head.

common-sense-superpower.jpg

:rolleyes:

Why is Pat Bundy locked out of feedback ?

Dunno, only SMods or Admins can do that as far as I know.

He has contacted me and advised me he's locked out of Feedback.

Why and by whom ? He has recieved no notification ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Correct, and only Admins normally do ...
    He has contacted me and advised me he's locked out of Feedback.

Why and by whom ? He has recieved no notification ?
    Tell him to PM DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Looks like there's been fun and games while I was tucked up in my cosy bed. :)

For what it's worth, had I been on-line at the time, I'd have done the same as Sparks and IRLConor and I fully support their actions and the reasoning behind them.
    Actually, I think I'd have pruned more out of the thread.

The '3 amigos' appear to be incapable of understanding that Boards > Shooting isn't some sort of IRC facility for them to natter away on in the middle of the night; at the risk of attracting the lolcats, shooting really is 'serious business', in that it's subject to whole rafts of legislation and we (the shooting community as a whole, not just the Shooting mods here) have been explicitly told that the Gardai and Dept. of Justice specifically watch this particular forum.
    We (the Shooting mods) are constantly having to remind people that they're posting in public, not having a quite chat with their like-minded mates down the pub.

For anyone wanting a glimpse of some of the history of this carry on, have a look at this thread on this very forum, and particularly at the image attached to my post #17.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

There's nothing strictly wrong with posters nattering at each other like that, but when the conversation veers into the illegal or potentially libellous, its time to put the mod boot into gear.

Don't the three amigos get this issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

patbundy wrote: »
    no sparks i was banned by conor who must be closer to you than my wife is to to me. i know you mods can read private mails
    Paranoid and gun toting. Always a good combination.

There's nothing strictly wrong with posters nattering at each other like that, but when the conversation veers into the illegal or potentially libellous, its time to put the mod boot into gear.

Well, the other issue is when the chat concerns only those three, is off-topic and/or clutters up a thread with stuff that doesn't concern everyone else. Yes, there'll be occasions where some off-topic chat is acceptable, but in the cases where the mods have intervened it was excessive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Have these "amigos" never heard of MSN/Yahoo/ICQ/IRC?

Get some internet skillz lads - there's a whole heap more than just www...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Kharn wrote: »
    Have these "amigos" never heard of MSN/Yahoo/ICQ/IRC?

Get some internet skillz lads - there's a whole heap more than just www...
    +1

Having read this thread, I agree entirely with the mods of Shooting, the lads (while they didn't seem to mean any harm) were basically spamming and using the forum as a chat room, which is tolerated in very few forums (BGRH, TLL, TCK etc.) at best. I certainly wouldn't expect anything less if I hopped over to the Golf forum and started a casual conversation with some net buddies.

Kick them out if they can't understand when they've been asked to stop.

And honestly, bragging about who uses what and when? Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Here, here.

We reckon they are reading our PM's. Can a super Mod check this ? Is it allowed ?

Pat are we washing all our dirty laundry ?

You two should post in conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I've PM'd bunny, as he requested, and I'd rather not comment overly on this thread, but for the record, I took no offence at "Yellow", nor do I think Sparks imagined I did, but as far as he's concerned, rules is rules. I don't have a problem with letting bunny and bundy off free if they're going to behave themselves, but they need to stop with the "peashooter" comments, because they're really, really annoying.

Yours sincerely,
    A Smallbore Shooter (not peashooter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

but they need to stop with the "peashooter" comments, because they're really, really annoying.

+1, it's nothing but willy waving.

And you wouldn't mind, but it's not like there's a lot being waved, y'know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

And you wouldn't mind, but it's not like there's a lot being waved, y'know?
    I'd mind! I don't want no willies waving about the place :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

What scares me the most about this thread is the fact that bunny shooter is over 18 and carries a gun.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Rovi wrote: »
    The '3 amigos' appear to be incapable of understanding that Boards > Shooting isn't some sort of IRC facility for them to natter away on in the middle of the night; at the risk of attracting the lolcats, shooting really is 'serious business', i[/URL].

indeed....Very serious business
    catGun.jpg

No, no, kidding aside, there really is some serious stuff in there. A monumentally large change in legislation came in with the Criminal Justice Act 2006 for firearms, not all of it is commenced yet, so the actual firearms legislation is a bit convoluted (to the degree where the Law Reform Commission is preparing a restatement of it this year). So there's stuff on that in there. And on firearms safety, and on competition announcements and event reports and coverage of Derek Burnett (Irish Clay Pigeon shooter going to Bejing to represent Ireland and who the Olympic Council of Ireland and the Irish Sports Council have both described as the best chance we have at any medal in the Games this year), there's stuff all the time on how to get started in the sport, there are coaching tips and bits and pieces from time to time, there's stuff about equipment, and so on and so forth.

Hence the lack of willingness to tolerate it being treated as a private txt-spk IRC channel.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

First off if anybody is using text speak abnd they';ve been told to stop then they deserve a ban! Second off if anybody is using a thread like its a chat client (msn, aim, irc etc) and has been told to stop then they also deserve a ban!

Simple as that in my book :)

[edit] also off-topic posting like this ****e (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055300658) also requires a ban if repeated more then once

bunny shooter is acting the maggot in this thread and isn't going to get anywhere because of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Cabaal wrote: »
    indeed....Very serious business
    catGun.jpg

What's sad is I look at the gun before the cat, notice the accuracy international stock and commend the cat on his fine choice.

Even if it is a blueprinted remington 700 action dropped in and not the real deal, still respect to the kitty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement