Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The George W Bush Sewage treatment plant

Options
  • 24-07-2008 3:53am

I just heard today on CNN that the required 12,000 signitures for this to appear on the ballot in San Francisco have been collected...
    Basically they want a sewage plant named after George W.

With only 9% of registered voters in San Fran being Republicans...this has a good chance of being put through :D

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/25/america/bush.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Heh.

Burning pitchforks 8 years ago would of been a more suitable response.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Personally, I think it lacks class.

If you don't like someone, fine, don't name a building or bridge or street after them. Deliberately being divisive likely isn't going to help.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Hmm. I agree that it lacks some class.

However, I love this guy's avatar so much I find everything he says much more persuasive. Seriously, it's one of those 'God, wish I'd thought of that!' avatars...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Agreed, always like that avatar.
    Well done OP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Personally, I think it lacks class.

If you don't like someone, fine, don't name a building or bridge or street after them. Deliberately being divisive likely isn't going to help.

NTM

Yep, it defo lacks class and if it was anyone else apart from G.W. i'd say don't do it. But the man still excites feelings of rage in me, even after so many years. The whole Administration he represents annoys me so much that i would laugh if this poop plant is named in his 'honour'! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Not a good thing tbh, itll only lead to reprisals with various Democratic worthies getting rubbish dumps named after them in heavily republican states.

Assuming the Reps dont have more dignity, but theres no indication thats the case. At the end of the day Dubyas not going to care less really.

Advertisement