Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete step (on concrete)

Options
  • 24-07-2008 7:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a step from the porch to the drive, however the step was built too small.
    It only goes out about one foot or so from the porch.
    I would prefer to extend the existing step, but I'm thinking that the concrete won't adhere to i) the drive and ii) existing step.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

if the driveway is concrete it should not be a problem. to form a bondd between the new step and existing surfaces you will want to "scabble" the existing surfaces where the new concrete is going.

this basically means roughing up the concrete thats there to create an uneven rough surface for the new concrete to grip. an electric kango is ideal for this if you can get get your hands on one. if not you can do it the old fashioned way with a lump hammer and chisel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Extending out won't be a problem, you won't be able to raise the step (by a small amount). It would end up cracking

Advertisement