Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband Signal in Sandymount

Options
  • 24-07-2008 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi, maybe somebody can advise me on this.

I was living in Phibsboro until a few weeks ago, and the Vodafone Broadband modem worked a treat for the four months that I have had it.

Now, however, I've moved to a house-share in Sandymount and the signal is crap, and when I say crap I'm talking 22kb/s
    299995765.png

A brother of mine three miles into the countryside from Drumsna in Co. Leitrim is getting better coverage than this. I'm just of the Strand Road, near the Dart line, not far behind Merrion Rd. Church.

Now, they do tell me that there is a problem with one of the cells in the area, but that they don't have any estimated time-frame for fixing it. WTF? In the meantime I'm paying for a 3G modem (and also a handset that I've to step outside with if I want a decent signal)?

Anyone else having a similar problem? The minimum contract is for 1 year, but surely my get-out from this is that they are in breach of contract by failing to provide the service in the first place?

Cheers!

Advertisement