Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seatbelt Warning Sound in Audi A3

Options
  • 24-07-2008 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to turn the seatbelt warning sound off in an Audi A3?

It starts beeping when you get up to 10kph or so and doesn't stop until the driver (and passenger) have their seatbelt on. Really annoying if you have something on the passenger seat and it thinks someone is sitting there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Personally, I'd be more worried about having something that's heavy enough to set the sensor off lying loose on the passenger seat to be honest. In the case of a crash, it'd fly about in the cabin and could do a lot of damage (to you, that is). I saw an old episode of 5th Gear once where they showed slow-mo footage of crashes with loose stuff (briefcases, toolkits etc.) in the cabin, and it made me never do anything like that again .. everything goes in the boot nowdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Alun wrote: »
    Personally, I'd be more worried about having something that's heavy enough to set the sensor off lying loose on the passenger seat to be honest. In the case of a crash, it'd fly about in the cabin and could do a lot of damage (to you, that is). I saw an old episode of 5th Gear once where they showed slow-mo footage of crashes with loose stuff (briefcases, toolkits etc.) in the cabin, and it made me never do anything like that again .. everything goes in the boot nowdays.

+1 A former colleague of mine who was a back-seat passenger in a car crash was killed by tiles which were being carried on the parcel shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭geezer1234

Have a look at this thread for a passat - should be similar for A3 ( never tried any of the advice myself )

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

how hard can putting a seatbelt on be?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

colm_mcm wrote: »
    how hard can putting a seatbelt on be?

Don't think you readt the OP's post tbh. Although OP you could just plug in the seatbelt over whatever he has sitting on the seat - that way you solve your annoying problem and save yourself from being hit by whatever it is in the event of a crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I can disable it for you, are you near Dublin?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

anyone with vag-com than disable it for you. however as noted above, if I every have something heavy enough to set off the warning I put the belt around it. It's not that sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mountain

dont know if this will work or not,
    but on the new freelander, you sit in seat, turn engine on, click in and unclick belt 10 times in a row (quickly) and it turns off the beeping sound!!

Maybe its just a freelander thing, but worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I doubt that putting a seatbelt round something "non-human" on a car seat will make any significant difference as to whether it goes flying round the inside of the car or not in the case of a crash to be honest. That isn't what they were designed for. Just stick it in the boot, that's what it's for.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

mountain wrote: »
    dont know if this will work or not,
    but on the new freelander, you sit in seat, turn engine on, click in and unclick belt 10 times in a row (quickly) and it turns off the beeping sound!!
    OP, if you decide to do this I need video footage :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement